So I realize that I post about once a month these days, but I do at least post. Our life is pretty busy and I want to keep everyone up to date, but find it hard to update as often as I should. Looks like, for now, I'll just have to keep bombarding you with stories and photos a month at a time. I hope that's ok ;)
Since my last post:
1. Kailyn was, of course, baptized! It was a beautiful service and she did wonderfully! We did, unfortunately have one hiccup. About 1 minute before she was to step into the pool with Pastor Don to profess her life to our amazing Savior, I realized that I didn't pack her any dry underwear! I had to pull her down the steps in super flash mode and strip the undies she had on! She looked at me like I was a huge nutjob and was freaking out! I told her I was really sorry, and that she had on a dress and robe and no one would ever know the difference. (Unless they read my blog!) Needless to say, no one was the wiser and she had dry undies after her baptism! It truly was a blessed day!
2. Here are the dance pics I couldn't post in the last one! AMAZING, if I do say so myself!
3. School got out, and Kailyn got the Super Reader Award for her classroom! She loves to read, just like her Mom, Mimi and Papa Steve! So proud!
4. Kailyn started Junior Tennis! This is her first year to be old enough to play and she's really starting to love it! I always loved Junior Tennis, so I'm really glad she is enjoying it!
5. Kailyn had Bible School and loved every minute of it! They performed some of their songs at the following Sunday's church service and told us lots of wonderful things they'd learned!
6. After a week full of practices and rehearsals, we had our annual Shapes Production! County Kickin', City Slickin'! It was awesome, as usual ;) Aubrey did her first solo, which had me crying like a little girl because she is so freaking grown up these days :( And Kailyn did a truly great job with all of her dances! She and Jada, I believe, won the non-existent "trick of the year" award by doing continual back walkovers while remaining connected to each other the entire time. It was super cool!
7. Kailyn got an early Xmas/Bday present from Joe, Me, Myer, Papa Ray, Mimi, Nana Penny and Aunt Jordan.....TICKETS TO THE JUSTIN BIEBER/CARLY RAE JEPSEN CONCERT AT THE SPRINT CENTER ON OCTOBER 26TH! She got to pick one friend to go with her (you'll never guess who ;) and Aunt Jordan and her friend Kate will be taking them! They are going to make the most wonderful memories, I can't wait to hear all about it!
8. We got through Kailyn's first 2 week session with her dad! However, she got home on Sunday, June 10th and left for Church Camp with the Nazarene Church (and her bff Adi) on Thursday, June 14th. They got home around 3:30pm on Saturday, June 16th, though, so it wasn't horrible!
9. I started Fifty Shades of Grey the week of the production and am now half way through book number three, Fifty Shades Freed. While I may blush profusely at times at the extremely descriptive scenes, I am 100% obsessed with the storyline and characters. I am so sad that my journey with Christian and Anastasia is almost over. Although, my friend, Laura, has a new series ready for me to start once I am done with this one!
10. Kailyn has also joined a book club that her friend, Allie, holds. She missed the first meeting due to church camp, but has started reading the book for their second meeting, One Hundred Dresses. She is very excited to be a part of a real book club! ;)
11. We just passed Father's Day, yesterday! We are so very thankful to have wonderful dad's in our lives, for sure!
12. I have not forgotten about my fantastic husband and ornery 2 year old, even with all of Kailyn's activities(she also starts a four week cheer summer class tonight). Joe is forever the dedicated worker/mower/wrestling coach. They have open gym every Wednesday and he is REALLY loving that, especially after taking a year off last year. We have a new head coach, whom I think is just what the doctor ordered! My sweet Myer is as spoiled as ever! He is also brushing up on his wrestling skills, and works his dad over every chance he gets!
Again, I'm sorry I am not a better blogger, but I do at least try to catch up ;) I figure it will probably be another month until I'm on here again, so please have a Happy and safe 4th of July!
April is such a busy month for us! Here's the rundown:
1. Erica had an awesome 30th Birthday party!
2. We had an amazing Easter, first with a Church Service where Kailyn decided she wanted to become a member of the First Christian Church and be baptized (more on this later), and then on to a great lunch and egg hunt with family!
3. Kailyn was a wicked stepsister in her school play!
4. I turned 31, Joe turned 29, my Mom turned (that's none of your business ;), and Mandi (bestie) turned 31, that fast, in that many days and in that order!
5. Myer decided he wanted to pack up and leave. Not sure what happened, but we talked him into staying!
6. Kailyn can now ride her bike on TWO wheels!
7. We took dance pics.....I can't wait to see them! (Sorry, no pic following this one)
8. We had our annual Easter at Dee Dee and Deb's, where the kids found some major loot in eggs! Myer also found a pair of Hulk Hands (boxing gloves) AND the Golden Egg (which had $20 in it)!
9. Yesterday was Truman's Day, so I had the day off and planted most of my flowers, which I LOVE, so that was very exciting for me! (Again, no picture, I suck)
10. This Sunday is not only Mother's Day or my Stepdad's 60th Birthday, it is also the date that my amazing, sweet, smart little baby girl will be baptized! We have been talking about it nonstop to make sure she is taking this step for all the right reasons and we even got a book to read with her, called My Baptism Book. Let me just tell you, this book is awesome! It explains The Bible, God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, what Baptism is and anything else you could ever think of in terms that we can all understand. And when she had questions, I could answer them using the text. So, in other words, we are so proud and so blessed to have such a daughter who choses to live her life in the footsteps of our Lord and Savior! I pray the best for her everyday! (and, of course, Myer too)
Ever have one of "those days"? You know, the ones that make you want to crawl back into bed and not have to talk to anyone for at least a week. Just take a vacation from reality? They happen to everyone, and I'm not ashamed to admit they happen to me.
For example, my husband. There are times that I wish he would want to do things for me and our kids as much as he wants to do things for everyone else. I wish he would listen when I spoke and I wish when I asked him to do something or told him we had something to do together as a family, he wouldn't forget 10 seconds later. But even when I am more frustrated with him than I think I can handle, I wonder how I could ever live without this man. This man who was sent to me, by the Grace of God, to be my soulmate and to love me and let me love him for the rest of our lives.
Or my job. One those days when nothing seems to go right. I get caught up and then another tornado hits my desk, or I think I'm finally getting better at doing things the right way and a bomb drops to tell me, "no way, you suck!", and I wonder, "where did that come from?" or "why did it take so long for me to know that?" But even when I want to put my head down and cry because I want everyone to like me as much as I like them or I want to just go home because my best just isn't good enough, I wonder where I would be without this job. This job that I love, with co-workers that I care about. I mean, you can't find a better job than I have. It's silly, but I love numbers and I get to work in finance. It's my dream job. How, when you're a college drop out, do you get lucky like that? And how do you find co-workers that you can share personal stories with? To vent to and listen to their vents. To love the same tv shows and be completely entranced by the same books or movies. A job where I want to spend my weekdays until I can retire. A job that can't be topped.
Then there are my sweet babies. Those moments when "MOMMY" is a 4-letter word because I've heard it screamed at me for hours on end. I've stopped 5 fights because a 2 year old won't leave an 8 year old's Barbies alone or an 8 year old won't let a 2 year old watch Lion King on her IPod. Or I've had to beg an 8 year old to take a breath and stop talking for 10 seconds while a 2 year old screams at me that he's hungry, but I can't get supper cooked fast enough. And then I look at how beautiful they both are. This 8 year old who is amazing, determined, energetic (to say the least), super smart, kind, loving and forgiving. This 2 year old who is curious, dangerous, stubborn, intelligent, adorable, loving and forgiving. Who would I be without these 2 babies? No one. Because I was blessed to be able to carry 2 perfect children in my womb and safely deliver 2 perfectly healthy babies. And I may not do everything right everyday, but I thank God for these blessings who fill my heart and soul with love, patience and understanding.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that on my worst days, I thank God for all of the blessings He has given me. My family and friends, our health, a home, a job, my pets, my faith, my love and my happiness. And I know that with God, all things are possible. So I give my worries and my frustrations and my doubt to Him, so he can put His hand on my shoulder and say, "Everything is ok". I wish I had a way to say thank you, but I guess the only way is to follow His word and enjoy all He gives me. Every single minute.
Out of my besties, there is always one you can count on to be late. No matter what. No worries, most of the time, I'm getting there about the same time too! Anywho, she had her big 3-0 birthday yesterday! I'm so sorry for being a day late (story of my life), but yesterday was a bit hectic. So here's to my hard working, hair cutting, horse riding, AMAZING bestie, ERICA! Welcome to the 30's, my love!
Boy meets Girl: Boy falls in love with Girl.....and Girl's beautiful daughter. And They fall in love with Him:Boy asks and Girl (and daughter) say YES:
Boy and Girl say I DO3+1=4:Boy, Girl, daughter and son are very happy:Their FAMILY continues to grow stronger every day and they are VERY BLESSED!Happy Anniversary, hubby of mine! I love you more than words could ever say! I thank God EVERYDAY for giving you to me! <3
I'm a new aunt! Isn't that exciting? I've always wanted a teeny tiny niece to buy frilly pink things and headbands with big flowers for! Well.....SHE'S HERE! Introducing my new niece Kye:She's a seven week old Blue Pit Bull. Baby Kye joins her cowardly brother, 2 year old, Diesel (also a Pit Bull) and her awesome brother, 12 year old, Nolan (full blooded and registered human).
Their proud parents are my big brother Aaron and his amazing girlfriend, Mel! Congratulations on your new addition! I can't wait to buy baby girl something blingy!