Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tiny Dancer

For those of you who don't know, So You Think You Can Dance is my FAVORITE show! My family is required to be quiet during performances and no phone calls are taken. I am 100% dedicated! Last night was a performance show, and the whole fam was watching, when Robert and Ashley had to do the quick step. This is the conversation that followed ~

Me: "This is my least favorite style to watch," as Kailyn got up and started hopping around imitating the dancers.
Kailyn: "I don't know why they say this is hard, I think it's easy!"
Me: "Well, it's easier for you because you're doing more of a jive, but in the quick step you have to have a partner and keep your frame set."
Kailyn: "Oh, I don't want to dance with a partner,"
Me:"Why not, you may be really good at it!"
Kailyn: "Would you come watch me?"
Me: "I'd come watch you do any kind of dance, except pole dancing!"
Kailyn: "What's pole dancing?"
Me (with my foot in my mouth): "Oh, where girls swing around a pole and do weird tricks"
Kailyn: "And you wouldn't even watch me"
Me: "No"
Kailyn: "What kind of Mother are you?"

2 comments:

  1. LOL.....how freakin funny is that! Say you couldn't watch her because she would have to live so far away from you to be doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...LOL that convo cracked me up literally laughing out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete