Thursday, March 3, 2011

RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW

My favorite radio station in 106.9 (Y107) out of Columbia. I love Cosmo and JC in the mornings and the flashback lunch. I "listen live" everyday on my computer at work. Every year Cosmo and JC do a Radiothon for Children's Miracle Network and MU Children's Hospital. They broadcast for 2 straight days from the lobby of the hospital. They have tons of patients, past patients and parents come in and tell their stories and how MU Children's Hospital has helped them. Every year I say I'm going to become a Miracle Maker. A miracle maker pledges $15 a month for 12 straight months. Today is day 1 of the 2011 Radiothon. As I was tearing up listening to one of the many, many stories about the miracles that this great hospital performs, I thought about how truly lucky I am. I am blessed to have 2 VERY HEALTHY children. If, God forbid, something were to ever happen to one of my children; I would go to this hospital. "Anything from a bad splinter to cancer" is what JC always says. And do you know that MU Children's Hospital has NEVER turned a child away regardless of their parent's ability to pay? Last year alone they wrote off over 3 million dollars of unpaid patient bills. They are able to stay open because of local donations. Don't get me wrong, I know that there are other fabulous children's hospitals surrounding us in KC and STL, but Columbia is where my family would go. We have family and friends who live there and that's where we would feel the most comfortable, if you know what I mean. So what I'm trying to say is, it's worth it. My children are worth it. I challenge you to make today your day. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.

Going on right now at MU Children’s Hospital!
The Y107 Missouri Credit Union
“Miracles For Kids” Radiothon is today (3/3) and tomorrow (3/4)!
Y107 is broadcasting live both days from 6AM to 6PM from the lobby of
MU Children’s Hospital. Tune in to hear the stories of children and families touched by the hospital.
Show your support by donating. You can call in your pledge to 866-970-GIVE or donate
online.
PLEASE help kids and their families right here in Mid Missouri with Missouri Credit Union and Y107

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! :) Down here every Spring they do a special thing for St. Judes. And the radio station I listen to always promotes it!! Matt and I always give! It's a great feeling to do for others!!

    ReplyDelete