Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Full Metal Jacket

It is official. My sweet baby girl has 8 feet of teeth for 6 foot of mouth. As a matter of fact, she will be fitted for a retainer as soon as her 7 year molars come in a bit further, so that they can begin to expand her pallet. I am glad that they are getting started early, because I think waiting will cause more pain later, although, I hear it's not that comfortable any time.As for Myer's grill, he's still having some troubles. He now has 8 teeth and 3 molars, but that fourth one is a booger! His gums are so swollen and you can feel the tooth right beneath the surface and he chews on EVERYTHING, but the darn thing won't push through. That makes for a grumpy baby boy sometimes. However, when he is not hurting these days, he is practicing his vocabulary. By 17 months, Kailyn was speaking in sentences, so I've been worried that maybe Myer wasn't going to speak at all. Can you get through life grunting and pointing? I think when you're the baby, you might be able to get by with it. Joe and I have really been trying to say what he wants and communicate with him more, rather than jump and run when he grunts at us ;) He now says the obvious Dada and Mama (his specialties for a while), dog, pa-pa (pacifier), my, and go. He also says something for Kailyn, but it sounds different from time to time, so I don't want to misquote him.



I have BIG NEWS! We traded the old family wagon for a sleek sedan! Don't get me wrong, I did like my pacifica, but the gas mileage wasn't great and we figured that since we didn't really NEED a third seat, why pay to haul it around? So we got a Ford Taurus. Believe me, I know what you're thinking, I used to have one of the older models. A sage green one. Talk about grocery getter. But not this baby. It's got tons of room and still looks sporty! I AM IN LOVE!

Happy 4th of July and thank you to all those who serve or have served our country and protected our freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment