Monday, November 16, 2009

Sneak Peeks

What a MONDAY! I did not really have a great start to my week. I got up this morning, a little late as always, and began to get ready. I had to stop in the middle of that for a quick nose bleed, but got it stopped pretty fast and got Kailyn out of bed and got her breakfast. She was moving rather slow, but I hustled her along and got her breakfast down and got her dressed and her hair fixed. When we went to put on her shoes, however, she stopped in her tracks and said, "Mom, will these jeans stretch more today to cover my shoes?". I had purposely grabbed her some bootcut jeans so they wouldn't drag the cold, wet ground, but when I told her that, she replied, "Well I'd just prefer some different shoes then.". Seriously? She's not even 6 yet! But no worries, readers, I got the little DIVA the shoes of her choice and we headed out the door. Now, even though I had gotten up a little late, I was still doing pretty well on time. We pulled up to Kailyn's school at 7:35am. It was just barely sprinkling, so I didn't get out with the umbrella to walk her in. She grabbed her backpack and headed toward the school. She got inside and the counselor was sitting at a small desk right inside and held up his hand for a Good Morning High Five. When Kailyn went for connection, though, she busted her little rump! I started to unbuckle to get out and run to her, but Mr Stewart jumped up and waved that she was ok. He then had her hop up and turn to me to give me her own "I'm ok" wave. Her's was more of an "I'm not really sure which hurts worse, my butt or my pride, but I'm sure as hell not going to cry in front of all these people, although I'd really rather run to my mommy and have her hold me" look/wave. So I waved back with a huge smile and blew her a kiss and as soon as she turned around, I broke down. It was the saddest thing ever, all I could think was, "If I had gotten up when I should have, I could have walked her in and she certainly wouldn't have fallen!". Not worried about my lateness at this point, I sat there and bawled until I couldn't see her anymore and then pulled off to work. I can't wait to pick her up for dance today and ask her if she's ok. I sent an e-mail to her teacher to make sure, but I haven't heard back from her yet. I certainly hope my week will look up, especially since I have to have my sugar retested tomorrow at the DR and will have to be there for at least 4 hours.
Now on to the title! I have 2 sneak peeks for you today. Not cool sneak peeks like Kathy's blog, I only WISH I was half as photographically talented, but peeks nonetheless. I did some major work on Myer's baby book this past weekend. Last night, Joe, Kailyn and I were gathering some pictures to go in it (sonogram, mommy and daddy, big sister, etc), and I didn't have one I needed. There's a big space on a page that says, 'Picture of Mommy Pregnant'. Yikes.....I've thought and thought about this issue. I have one picture of my bare belly from when I was pregnant with Kailyn. I was about 4 or 5 months and my mom begged me. Well, I really thought that since this was my last pregnancy, maybe I should get some belly shots. The more I thought about that, I couldn't really see paying good money for pictures of my whaleness that I would only shove away in a dark place so noone could see them. Back to 'Picture of Mommy Pregnant', I felt like there should be one, I mean, Kailyn has one in her baby book, so I asked Joe and Kailyn to take one. This, my friends, could be extremely harmful to your eyes or stomachs (depending on if you just ate), so please use caution before proceeding!
My next sneak peek is much more pleasing to other humans. Our Christmas card will have a picture of my sweet, angelic, gorgeous, only 5 for 1.5 more months baby girl and a picture of my skeleton ultrasound at 18 weeks, active 24 hours a day, only in the womb for 1.5 more months baby boy. Here are my gorgeous babies (and Yes, that is a tutu on her Christmas pajamas, it came with them and Kailyn and I both LOVE it!):












People, I hope you had a great weekend, and I hope we ALL have a great week! Only 10 more days until Thanksgiving, so don't forget to be thankful for all you've got!

2 comments:

  1. I hope I look 1/2 as cute as you when I am preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's super sweet, Leah, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete