Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Today is Wednesday, March 10th. One week from today is Wednesday, March 17th. One week from today I have to go back to work. 7:30am to 4:30pm at work. Without my sweet, precious, handsome newborn baby boy. Where did the past 7 weeks go? What am I going to do? How did Myer go from this:
To this: I really shouldn't be upset in the least. My babysitter is extremely well qualified and trustworthy. For heaven's sake, she's only been my best friend since 7th grade. I am very blessed to have someone so dear to me watch my kiddos. It's still pretty hard, though. It seems like time just flies by so fast. I blink and time goes by and I can't get it back. Am I doing all I can to make the most of it? Am I taking enough mental pictures to remember everything? I think I feel like it's all slipping away from me because I know I won't have any more babies. Don't get me wrong, our family is complete and I wouldn't have it any other way, but it seems like life is moving even faster now than ever before.
I'm practicing a few things this week to prepare for my return to "real life". Like getting the fam to bed at 9pm, setting my alarm for 5:30am and staying awake (which is so hard when you really don't HAVE to be awake), no naps and not holding Myer every free second I have so my withdraw isn't as bad. I know we have to pay our bills, but this sucks. Some of you may be thinking, "You already have one child, don't you know how this feels?", but I stayed with Kailyn for 5 months. I mean, I was ready to go back to work, I needed to have adult conversations. 2 months seems really quick to me, so I've been giving myself pep talks daily. "I need to get back on the ball", "I can't wait to have a little time for me", "Work will bring back a normalcy to our house". Yeah, I'll keep telling myself these things.
Ok, I've wimpered and whined enough for now, I suppose. Don't think you're off the hook, though. We've got lots to catch up on, (labor and delivery, lazy me, making our marriage better and the amazing 6 year old who lives in our house for a few examples) so be ready. Until then, take care, and if you're looking for me, I'll be kissing my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment