Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Growing Up Everyday

Isn't it amazing how time flies by? I mean, tomorrow is March 24, 2010 already! Saturday was Myer's 2 month birthday. We celebrated by having our first professional family pictures taken. Kailyn, of course, was a supermodel! She did everything asked of her and was so patient with Myer! Myer, however, wasn't too sure what he thought about the whole "studio" experience. He is such a smily boy, but was so curious that he just stared with his big, beautiful blue eyes. No smiles. He actually got a little cranky at outfit change and fell asleep for that half of the session. Oh well, they both are flipping adorable and I'm sure the pictures will be fantastic. I'll put them on here when I can! Just to show how big my kiddos are getting, here are some pictures:

Myer thinks his Dad is cooler than me, but he thinks I'm ok too!

Kailyn is such a big girl. She and I have some private time in the mornings while she eats breakfast and I help her get dressed and fix her hair. Then she brushes her teeth while I get dressed.

I haven't done too darn bad at getting into this morning routine. I thought I was never going to make it to work on time, but I've been the first in my department to get there every day except for yesterday! Myer had his 2 month check up yesterday morning. He now weighs 12 pounds 10 ounces and is 24 inches long. He is in the 90th percentile on his weight and the 90th - 95th on his height. He has gained 4 pounds and grown 4 inches in 2 months! What a BIG dude! It's hard to believe that 9 weeks ago I was anticipating getting to meet him for the first time. Oh how his birth was so much different than I ever imagined.
You see, Kailyn was a relatively easy pregnancy. I worked 90 hours a week up until she was born, no sickness, no tiredness, nothing. I did go into early labor with her a couple of times, but other than that, it was great. The only reason I was induced with Kailyn is because her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. Induction wasn't so fabulous. Pitocin is the devil in liquid form. However, an epidural was my saving grace. Once I got that bad boy, my doctor broke my water, my nurse turned up the pitocin and I had a baby 4 hours later.....after a big fat nap! Piece of cake.
~Jump forward 6 years~
I was horribly nauseous from the day I got pregnant with Myer up until around 12 weeks. I was so, so, so exhausted the entire pregnancy. I had all sorts of back problems, and I was HUGE! I begged my doctor to induce me to end the misery, and he agreed to 39 weeks. I went in on the 19th at 10pm and my nurse inserted a quarter of a pill in my cervix to start labor induction. It apparently was made of something magic, because I only needed that one quarter. I didn't sleep at all that night because my contractions were so consistent and some were pretty strong. My doctor broke my water at 8am, and my nurse said to stand up and rock side to side so gravity would help pull Myer down to where he needed to be. I decided around 9:30am that I needed to tinkle, but when Joe took me to the bathroom, all hell broke loose. The pain was 100% unbearable. Joe said it was time for an epidural since the pain would only get worse from here, so I asked my mom to get the nurse. My nurse, who was an ANGEL in scrubs, called the anesthesiologist, and while he was on his way, I told her I thought she needed to check me because I felt like things weren't right. That's because I was at an 8! Right after she checked me, at about 9:40am, Myer decided it was his time to meet the world. When the anesthesiologist came in, he said he could give me an epidural, but that I was so far along that it probably wouldn't help, so I passed. As he was walking out of the room, I started screaming. I'm talking the pain/pressure was so unbelievably strong that I couldn't do anything to take it away. By 9:50am, I told my nurse that I needed to push. She told me I needed to calm down and breathe, and I told her AGAIN that I needed to push. She checked me and said, "Oh gosh". Within the next 5 minutes there were tons of nurses and my doctor in my room. Joseph Myer Klinge was born at 9:59am.
My advice for anyone in labor? Don't wait on the epidural. Just ask for it as soon as you get to your room so you don't miss out! I'm pretty glad our family is complete, because my last experience was a little rough. WELL worth it, but rough. And yes, I'm positive that our family is complete. Everyone seems shocked that we are so decided, but Joe and I made up our minds before we were even engaged. Two kids. Want to know a secret? Joe didn't even want kids before he and I started dating. Kailyn is so fabulous that she changed his mind. Isn't that crazy?
Holy cow, speaking of time flying, I've got to get some work done. I can't wait to share how Joe and I are also growing up everyday. Coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY so I have chills after reading that! Pretty sure you are super woman!!! Wow, that's amazing!! Congrats again on your lil guy he is so cute I just wanna squeeze him!! ;) Take care of you and your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superwoman's ass, Kara! I screamed like in a horror film, it was horrible. I really screwed myself! Thanks for the compliments! Get in touch with me next time you're in town or something, we should have some dinner!

    ReplyDelete