Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard Shmizzard

Work, lovely work. I have never been so excited to run my fingers across this particular set of computer keys. Don't get me wrong, I think snow is pretty. I do not, however, find it necessary to dump 23 inches of snow on us with wind gusts of 40 miles per hour. That's excessive...seriously. Obviously with these amounts of snow, most all business in our small town came to a screeching halt. No work , no school. Sounds like vacation, right? Wrong. The hubby did have to work and was diligently trying to uncover school parking lots for 8 hours at a time. Supermom (me) stayed home with the kiddos! In my 2 days of "snowedinness", I learned some extremely valuable lessons about myself (Included pictures courtesy of Marshall Democrat News):

1. The life of a housewife is not for me. I commend, salute, bow down to any woman who does this. Not only would I weigh 5,000 pounds and be $3,000,000 in debt from online shopping, but I would also have to tie my son's hands behind his back and tape my daughter's mouth shut. You think that whole "payback" thing is a big joke, but it's real.....
2. No matter how long it has been since you last watched Days of our Lives, you can catch up in 20 minutes. By the way, it's still stupid.3. Dogs really do nothing but sleep ALL DAY LONG! I've always wondered what they did, but it's exactly what I thought.....NOTHING.4. I will never outgrow loving naps ;) So today I am mindlessly doing work, blogging and checking facebook, all uninterrupted. Ah, this is the life. And now, when this work day is done at 4:30, I will lovingly pick up my gorgeous babies and cuddle them for hours because I MISSED them while I was at work. Normalcy, I LOVE IT! Lots of pictures of snow fun to come ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment