Friday, August 5, 2011

Long Road

HI! HELLO! ALOHA! HOLA! I am still alive if you happened to wonder. I'm just a bad blogger! Like we've done so many times before, let's get caught up!


Summer is supposed to be a time for relaxation and fun. We've had a little, but I could really use a lot more, fun especially. Poor Kailyn is going to start school with some new hardware. We have begun her journey into braces! She got her expander put on last Wednesday, and we crank it daily to expand her upper jaw. She has really been a trooper and hasn't even been in much pain.....yet..... Maybe she just has been so busy since Wednesday that she hasn't thought about it, though. One of my FAVORITE things to do when I was in school, was go school clothes shopping with my Gma. We would go, just the two of us, to Osage Beach, shop til we dropped and stay in a hotel. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Anyway, yesterday Kailyn went school clothes shopping with Mimi AND Gma. Talk about spoiled ;) They bought Justice out, I think, and then they had ice cream for supper! Today they are headed to the lake for the weekend. Believe me, Myer will probably start his "red carpet" treatment next year! Speaking of Myer:

He is so rotten! I know, I know, "boys are different", but seriously.....BOYS ARE DIFFERENT! I would've never guessed, in a million years, that my kids would be so different. They may look alike, but THAT'S IT! Myer has just about mastered throwing a fit, he gets into everything that's off limits and he only eats when and what he wants. He had his 18 month check up on Wednesday (same day as Kailyn's ortho appointment), and the Doctor said he's small for his age. He's only in the 25th percentile for his height and weight, but the 75th percentile for his head. We are supposed to start pushing calories and try to give him pediasure. Have you ever tasted that crap? It's disgusting! I've been trying to mix it with tons of different things, but we've not been too successful yet. I'm sure he's healthy, so I'm not too terribly worried, but I'd still like for him to drink it.....just to make ME feel better!
School will be starting soon, I can't believe summer is almost over! I did some tax free internet shopping today and also bought Kailyn's school supplies. I think we're ready, since it's coming whether we like it or not ;)

I'd love to say, I'll blog more, but lying is BAD, so I'll just hope you'll keep checking back! I'm loving this much needed rain, I'm hoping it will cool us down at least enough that we could do some outdoor playing! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment