Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back in Session

Man, oh man, is summer over! One day you're maxin and relaxin with nothin to do, and the next you've got school, work, dance, acro, cheer, orthodontist, dentist, doctor, sinus infections, and so on and so forth!












Kailyn started SECOND GRADE! She has the super Mr. Makings as her teacher and has several friends in her class too! We had a bit of drama on day #1, however, as she had told me she would eat an "All American Hot Dog", but when she got to school, she apparently cried because her crappy mom forgot to bring her lunch! Super Joe to the rescue! The rest of the week went great until Friday. First thing in the morning I got a call on my cell phone from the Southeast Nurse (whom is really, really nice) to tell me that Kailyn felt like her expander was moving around in her mouth! NOT GOOD! I went straight there and she was right, that darn thing was on the verge of falling out! Dr. Kavanaugh's nurse was in Chillicothe, but could meet in Sedalia at 3:30, so my wonderful mom took Kailyn and they ended up taking it out. I guess when it started jarring loose, some food got wedged in her between her molar bracket and molar and she got an infection. Nothing a few warm salt water rinses won't cure and her expander will get put back on at her regular ortho appointment here in town! What's the first thing Kailyn did when the nurse took that expander out, you ask? CHEW GUM! I don't think she's gone a single second without chewing gum since it came out (she's either making up for lost time or trying to beat Violet Beauregarde's record!)

Myer is still working diligently on he eye teeth to no avail. I feel horrible for the little guy. His gums are swollen and red, he chews on everything, drools all the time and snots like none other. And by the way, he still has a paci and doesn't really talk! What is going on here? The kid is so smart, he knows exactly what you're saying, and he knows exactly how to get what he wants. Other than that, I'm pretty sure he has found his calling in life. Acrobat/Dare Devil. He has mastered the art of climbing or riding anything that can be climbed or ridden. Now, don't turn me in for this, but I was cooking supper one day last week and I turned around to stir everything, and as I turned back around, by 19 month old was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table with a bite out of a peach and a bite out of an apple. He's a quick little sucker too. Needless to say, he likes fruits, so that's good, right?
By the way, our dogs are still lazy, but adorable.....
This past Saturday was an nice break from the norm, though, our really awesome friend joined the big 3-0 club with a surprise party. Let me just tell you, his amazing wife had been planning it for months and kept it a secret the WHOLE TIME! Now that's talent! There was great food, great friends and great times! I may or may not have taken advantage of a lawn jockey, but really I feel like he may have taken advantage of me, so the jury's still out on that one. My AMAZING brother has been placing the heck out of some races lately! Lots and lots! I've always been so proud of him for being such a talented rider!
Unfortunately, here's the bad news. First my mom had bronchitis and sinusitis, then Joe got a sinus infection and this morning, Kailyn woke up sounding just like them! Luckily, we have the BEST DOCTOR AND NURSES on the face of the planet, and since they saw Joe yesterday for his funk, they just called Kailyn in a Z-Pac to get her back on the mend.

Tonight starts Acro 2 and Jazz/Hip Hop for Kailyn, so that's exciting! She's been dying to wear her new booty shorts ;) Like I said before, she's enrolled in 3 classes this year, so I hope is doesn't wear her down. If so, we may have to make some changes. She is so talented and energetic! I can't wait to see what Myer is into at her age!

All right, all right, I've got to do some work. This getting caught up every 3 months or so is pretty time consuming ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment