Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Creativity on the Loose

So my last post was on November 30th, seriously? Wow, I'm a crappy blogger. Well, you haven't missed much for sure. When you're the size of a small motor home, you can't get into many shenanigans (thank you, Juno), and therefore tend to lead a pretty boring life. These days I spend most of my time soaking up every single second of Kailyn, who will be an only child for about 5 - 6 more weeks. Please don't get me wrong, I CANNOT wait to meet Myer, but I could burst with how much I love my baby girl. She has turned into a 100% Mommy's girl since finding out about Myer and is having a few slight problems with the idea of sharing Mommy and Joe. I know once he is here, she will be the most amazing big sister on the face of the planet, but I want to make sure that they always both feel equally loved! On that note, Kailyn's school Christmas Tea was yesterday morning at Stonehedge and Mommy and Joe BOTH attended! All the kids got to dress up and they had donuts and juice. It was super cute!


















Today, onto the OB's office to check on Baby Myer. I would have to guess he's weighing in at about 15 pounds by now, or at least that's the way it seems. I can't go anywhere without people saying, "When are you due again?" to which I respond, "The end of January," and after the person or people wipe the shocked look off their face(s) try to kindly coverup by saying, "Are you sure you'll last that long?" or "Did you get that big with Kailyn?". Listen people, don't you understand that pregnant people are EXTREMELY emotional/hormonal? People may think that since you have a big tummy and you're usually somewhat smaller that it's ok to make fat jokes or vulgur comments, but it's not so much. It hurts my feelings. I don't know how many times since the beginning of this pregnancy I have asked my Mom or Mandi if I look like I'm going to explode or look massively bigger than I should. They assure me that I don't, but they also love me very much, so they could possibly be lying. All in all, my weight gain is almost exactly the same as with Kailyn at this point, so I feel pretty good about that! I guess that's all that matters!
My biggest problem with my pregnancy (besides the fact that I feel like my son is going to break out of my skin on a daily basis), is the nesting. I worked 90 hours a week up until the Friday before Kailyn was born, so I never really had time to think about all the things that were happening to my body. Now, don't get me wrong, I keep my house very clean no matter what, my friends can vouge for how picky I am about cleanliness, but I started cleaning my house last Saturday in preparation for holiday guests, and it turned into a much bigger job. I caught myself, while vacuuming, taking the attachments off so that I could get on my hands and knees and vacuum under the dressers and such. Who the hell vacuums under their dressers? Well, apparently when you have maroon carpet you notice a lot more. If I'm not careful, that carpet will be the death of me.....and my back! Whomever came up with the idea of "Nesting" is stupid.
Fortunately, I've become somewhat creative in my current state. I don't know why, maybe it's the nesting, but I feel like things should be especially decorated while we wait for the arrivals of both Santa Claus and Myer Klinge. My biggest accomplish has been a work in progress for a while now. Here's the scoop: For our wedding, Joe and I got an awesome piece of framed artwork that says "KLINGE" in really cool different letters. Some of our friends gave it to us from http://www.letteryourlegacy.com/, and it was our favorite gift. We actually almost got 2! Anywho, when Joe's cousin got married, his sister actually made one of the "Name Frames" for him and his wife. It was fantastic, and so personal, I loved it! Well, the more I thought about it, I decided I could do this too. I got on http://www.letteryourlegacy.com/ and checked out all their letters and thought about different places in town. Then I came to a new page for kids. They used all sorts of different sports and play equipment. HELLO! Perfect for our little wrestler on the way, right? Oh yes. I took all the pictures of MYER's name and had it matted and framed at Square Corner in MHS colors. Check me out!
The "M" is from Daddy's coaches hat, the "Y" is from a brand new box of baseballs that Bubba let us borrow from the MHS baseball team, the "E" is from Daddy's wrestling shoes plus one more, and the "R" is big sister Kailyn's soccer ball and shin guards. You guys had no idea I had an ounce of creativity, did you? Me neither, but I wanted this to work so so bad, and it actually did! We are now working on KAILYN, whom, after she saw Myer's frame, wanted to do her name too! I am totally on it, stay tuned for the finished product!
My other sweet piece of creativity came to life last night. I get these fantastic ideas for family fun projects, but usually get ditched along the way and end up all alone. My most recent was a Gingerbread Tree! I actually got all the stuff out and my family didn't even last through making the icing. I made the whole stinking tree by myself! Oh well, it didn't turn out too bad, so I shall display it proudly, both at home and on my blog!
Well people, I have babbled quite enough. I can't promise any certain time span for another post, but I will be sure to keep everyone updated on Kailyn's Christmas splendor and Myer's growing achievement! If I don't post before, I definitely hope everyone has a most wonderful, safe and Happy Holiday!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think (at least I hope) that people do not realize how coments come across sometimes. I also think when preggers we are also a little more sensitive! I will never forget the day that a co-worker (who has always been very nice btw) and I met in the narrow staircase at City Hall. He quickly stepped to the side and said I don't think there is room for both of us. I was like SERIOUSLY did you just say that to me?!? He then tried to make amends by offering to buy me an ice cream sandwich...just what I needed right?! True story lol people just don't always think before they speak. I was about 8 months preggers and I have NEVER let him live that one down. Hang in there...I thought you looked great in a recent pic I saw of you in the paper!!! You're getting SO close!!! :) Ohhh and I LOVE your art work too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MYER is so great Aimee! Great job! Looks like it came from letter your legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, I know exactly what you mean, a woman I work with said, "Oh, maybe you should put out your orange cones" when she walked past a chair I was sitting in. Terrible. Thanks to both of you for the nice art comments, I am truly proud! I can't wait for you guys to see Kailyn's when it is done!

    ReplyDelete