Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day

I guess it's obviously been a while since my last post. We have been living life in the fast lane recently! Today, however, I am struggling to make the minutes pass. We have had our first "big snow" here in Marshall and the roads kept my coworkers at home, so I am a lone sailor. Why not blog, I say!?!?!
After Christmas, I thought things might slow for a few weeks, but I was very wrong. The following weekend was New Year's. We had an AWESOME night with 4 out of 5 Bolling's. Kailyn and Adi played their hearts out while the adults played WII Play and the baby boys bounced between the two.
This past weekend was the Marshall Invitational Wrestling Tournament. I was one of the two in charge of the hospitality room (aka feeding a herd of hungry men), and it was VERY successful! We had enough food to feed most of Saline County, I think! The boys wrestled extremely well and with a lot of heart! The Matwarming Queen was also crowned, Jana Fisher, who was the most deserving, as she has been a wrestling statistician all 4 years of high school. Kailyn was a crownbearer, along with fellow wrestling coach, Coach Washington's son, Elias. Mr. Legs was also crowned on Saturday, a very deserving, Canaan Heinzler. It was really a great day!
Last night I cut Myer's hair!!!!! He's having his one year pictures taken on Friday and his dad, sister, babysitter and I agreed that he was getting a bit mullet-ish. He had hair covering his ears and curls almost touching his back.....it was time. He's looking like quite the big boy today! In only 2 short days, my sweet baby girl will be turning 7! SEVEN!!!!! I can't believe it. Since Myer's birthday is only 1 week after Kailyn's, we are have a Double Birthday Party on Sunday. Kailyn is even having 2 friends stay the night Sunday night because Monday is Martin Luther King Jr Day and there's no school or work. I'm sure my poor kiddos won't get anything for their birthday's, but if they do, by chance, I'll post some pics ;) I've had success in the past with cupcake cakes, so that's what I'll be doing this year. I'm challenging my mom and I a bit more with some intricate icing detail, but I think we can do it!

If you're looking for me, I'll be crying my eyes out about have a 7 and 1 year old.....have a great day anyway!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment