Monday, April 18, 2011

Natural Woman

I wonder when it became the "norm" for women to wear makeup, shave their legs and fix their hair? Obviously there was a time when none of the proper tools existed to do these things, and when you see pictures of the women from these times, they are all very pretty. Let me just tell you that my reasoning behind this post began yesterday morning at 7:45am when I woke up. I stumbled into the bathroom and caught a frightening image of myself in the mirror! Now let's get something straight here, I don't tan (although I should), smoke, drink (maybe I should) or do drugs. I don't eat fried food, although I do love the sweets, and I wash daily. I never had acne in high school, but that caught up with me around 25ish. So back to the image in the mirror of the hungover-four day drug binged-crazy bed headed lady. I remember waking up hungover at friends' houses after all night parties in high school or college and all of us just going straight to breakfast. I remember not thinking I looked too bad, or maybe I was just too hungover to care, but leaving the house right after I woke up these days would not be an option.....EVER. Believe me, I have a few friends that I'll guarantee could wake up, leave the house and be nominated for model status, but where the hell did I go wrong? I used to be able to do that, so does that mean I'm not aging gracefully? Bummer. Can you fix that at 30? While I'm feeling down about myself, I'd also like to mention that I recently stopped nursing my baby boy. I was in some really intense pain for about 2 weeks, and then one morning, as I was staring at my horrid morning image in the mirror, I noticed that someone had snuck in and replace my chest with one of a ten year old.....boy. UGH! Growing older isn't really as fun as I pictured it :(
Enough feeling sorry for myself already! I started a new book yesterday called The Compound by S.A. Bodeen. It's one that I found while reading the Hunger Games Series. You know how you search a certain title on book company web pages and they give you the "customers who bought this also bought" section? This was one of those books. The synopsis reads: Eli’s father built the Compound to keep their family safe. Now, they can’t get out. He won’t let them. It started off with a bang, quite literally, and is, so far, pretty good! It's always exciting to find a good read!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment