Friday, April 22, 2011

Same old, same old

Do you ever feel like you cook the same things over and over? I certainly do! I always say, "if I had more time" I'd switch supper up a bit, but it's totally not true. There are honestly not a whole slew of options for my family. I get heartburn from breathing air, Myer barely eats meat, Kailyn won't eat anything that has ever touched anything else and she also doesn't like melted cheese unless it's macaroni. That means, poor Joe, nothing spicy, no casseroles, nothing garlicy, no tomato based sauces, etc. When I make spaghetti, I have to make a marinara and a cheese sauce, when we make or order pizza, one always has to have no sauce and when we have tacos, I have to set some hamburger aside so I can have some with no seasoning. See what I'm working with here? I obviously like to make sure we have vegetables with our meals, but Kailyn only likes corn, peas, carrots and green beans. Boy those get old. Every now and then, though, I do throw in some cauliflour or asparagus or something for Joe and I, although Myer won't touch those with a ten foot pole either. Just recently has he started eating meat a little better. What kid doesn't like hot dogs? Mine. So that leaves us in a rut. Meals that are the same every week, with a bit of variation here and there. I guess my family doesn't starve and they don't complain, that's my job!



We'll definitely eat some yummy home cooking on Sunday! Not only is it Easter, it is also mine, Joe's and my mom's birthday dinner. I got to request some of the meal myself AND I get presents! Woot, woot! I love birthdays, especially my own!

In all the fun, don't forget what Easter is really about. Feel God's love in your heart and soul everyday! HOPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment