Friday, April 15, 2011

Take a Look

I don't think it's any big secret that I LOVE READING! Every night after the kids are put to bed, Mama gets to snuggle with her Kindle and make magic. Recently, I was turned on to a book call The Hunger Games, by a friend of a friend. My mom and I were out to breakfast one morning and my friend and her friend were at the booth behind us. A conversation was started about, none other than, Myer's vampire teeth ;), and that blossomed to The Twilight Series. The friend asked if I'd ever heard of The Hunger Games Series. I had not, but I am SO glad my mom and I went to breakfast that day or maybe I am SO glad that Myer had vampire teeth, but anyway, the series is really good. There has even been tons of talk recently about a Hunger Games movie! Are you kidding me? Of course I'd love to see these awesome books turned into a movie!


My FAVORITE author is Jodi Picoult. I'm sure I have mentioned this a few billion times before, but she only puts one new book out per year. Therefore, I wait until March, this year April because I was right in the middle of The Hunger Games Series, and snort her book up like a professional crackhead. This year has been a bit different. In every Jodi Picoult book, there is something that creates a spark. Maybe someone with whom I identify indefinitely or someone my heart bleeds for or a topic I am extremely passionate about. Sing You Home, in my opinion, does have valid points, but it is a fight between to alternative lifestyles, neither of which I lead. I find myself yearning to connect to a character so I'll love this book as much as I love her others, I just can't. Don't get me wrong, it is a good book; great story, beautifully written, it's just not her best. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment