Monday, September 26, 2011

Number One

For starters, I would just like to congratulate my awesome brother for a first place finish at his race this past weekend in Jenkins, Missouri. He was first in his heat and twenty-sixth overall, which is fantastic since there were like a hundred and forty-some riders! I have always been proud of Aaron, no matter what, but he is a really super talented rider and it just blows my pride right out of the water! (Notice: the picture below is from a different race, because this one was three and a half hours away, so no one went to watch.....and then he won the darn thing!)Secondly, a friend of mine posted this as their status on facebook and it is cute:

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, "Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger." The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the atheist, "What would you want to talk about?" "Oh, I don't know, " said the atheist. "How about why there is no God?" as he smiled smugly. "Ok," she said. "That could be an interesting topic, but let me ask you a question first: A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff - grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?" The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl's intelligence, thinks about it and says, "Hmmm, I have no idea." To which the little girl replies, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss why there is no God when you don't know shit?" And then she went back to reading her book.

God is real people! He gave up his only son for our sins, so that we may live a life like Jesus Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit. I may not know much about all things Christian, but I am a true believer and I am becoming stronger everyday! Sometimes I think this world is turned around backwards. I feel like, for a while, I was turned around too, but I'm headed out of the wilderness now! "I believe God. I believe He is working in me no matter what I may feel or how the situation may look. The Lord has begun a good work in me, and He will bring it to full completion" (see Phil. 2:13; 1:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment