Monday, October 5, 2009

Catching Up

Oh good gravy, it's been almost a week since I blogged last. I wonder if anyone still checks for new posts? I wonder if anyone ever checked to begin with? Either way, it's time to catch up.
Let's see here.....Wednesday was the Powder Puff Football Game. Very entertaining, I must say. All the players were such good sports and played great games. Mike Clemons did the announcing, and he was hilarious! The "cheerleaders" were also quite funny. The senior and junior boys did a nice job cheering for their teams. It was kind of chilly, so we only stayed for one half of each game, but in the end Fitzgibbon Hospital beat Marshall Schools Faculty and the Junior Girls beat the Senior Girls. Win or lose, what an awesome event to be a part of!
Thursday was another volleyball game. I had text my sister earlier in the afternoon and told her that they needed to kick some rear quick so that I could get home in plenty of time for Grey's. Game #1 was a blow out, MHS was on it. Game #2, however, was a come down to the very end, I mean, 25-23, stand on your feet and scream when the last point is made, nail biter! But MHS came out on top and I was home with Dairy Queen ice cream for the fam by 8pm. Great games girls!
On to Grey's Anatomy.....yawn. What is the deal here, storyline writers? I'm a die-hard Grey's fan, and don't want to give up on my show, but it's kind of boring/disappointing so far this season. Let's pick up the pace, Seattle Grace. (hee, hee, I'm a poet!)
Friday was Kailyn's first official Girl Scout meeting. It was just a meet and greet for the girls, and they did a few activities. Kailyn LOVED it! Friday was also Erica's baby shower for the new Miss Coleman coming in 7 weeks. Can you believe it? 7 weeks? That's right around the corner! Anyway, she got some really cute stuff, including a sweet Sit N' Stand Stroller from her BFF's.


Sunday was Kara Pointer's wedding shower for her upcoming wedding October 10th! She really got some awesome stuff too, but my favorite was Amber's present. I know that most people have heard of the different letter pictures that people can make on various websites. For example, Joe and I got one for our wedding from http://www.letteryourlegacy.com/ that says KLINGE. Well Amber made, I mean made, one of those with the last name HEINZLER. She actually took the different letter pictures and framed it herself. Honestly what I think makes her even more awesome than the others, is that all of the letters are from special places that would mean something to Justin and Kara! It was really amazing!
Last night the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was on from near Springfield. Chris and Julie See had met this very deserving family through their CASA volunteering, nominated them for the show and they won! It was a really touching story and the Hampton family is truly blessed for having the See's in their life. I hope the Hampton's are so so so happy with their beautiful new home, they are such a sweet family!
Looks like this week isn't too awful busy. We've got dance today, volleyball Tuesday and Thursday, Church Wednesday, Becca's birthday Friday and Justin and Kara's wedding Saturday. Ok, so I guess that sounds busy, but oh well. I love that we are involved!
And on that note, I should be busy at work too, so I've got to go! Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments: