Friday, October 16, 2009

The Wait Is Over!

Is it really Friday again already? Oops.....I suck at this blogging thing, huh? I'm sorry. It's been so busy lately and I just don't seem to have a second to slow down. Until now.....
My home is pretty calm right now. Kailyn is playing fun imaginary things to which I respond, "Oh yeah" or "Cool" to whatever she's saying every once in a while, Myer has quit flipping out since I ate those 2 waffles at 9pm (apparently he was hungry?) and Joe is waiting for the MHS Homecoming game to get over so he can clean up. So here I am, ready to update the high-speed world of my boring, yet busy, life.
Where to start, I guess with Kailyn getting sick again. She started running a fever again Tuesday morning. I called the dr's office and he said just to keep it down with Tylenol/Motrin and keep her on her antibiotic and call if anything gets worse. It was really frustrating, though, I mean, it was always a low grade fever, never above 100 and nothing hurt on her! She finally got to go back to school on Thursday. Of course, after being out in the cold all day and part of tonight, she says she's pretty sure she has an ear infection. Thank you, Dr Wise.
Monday was Columbus Day, woo hoo, a federal holiday. However, Kailyn still had school and Joe had to work. You're thinking, "Oh how exciting, a day to yourself", but not so much. I had to get up at the crack of dawn and take Kailyn to school, which I did in pajama pants! Obviously she wanted me to walk her in, she never does any other day, but she thought it was hilarious. Then I came home, ate some breakfast, straightened the house, got ready and was back at Kailyn's school for lunch at 11am. Joe and I missed eating lunch with her last week because she had strep, so I rescheduled it for Monday. The menu was chicken patty, french fries, pears and green beans. Not bad, right? Until the lunch lady says, "adult tray" and hands you your chicken patty with ham and swiss cheese on it. Shouldn't someone ask before they go throwing ham on your patty? After lunch, I came home again, watched some Days of Our Lives , took a cat nap and was back to pick Kailyn up from school at 3pm for dance at 3:30pm. Then we went to Cathy's 31 party at 5:30pm and spent way too much money. (OOPS, you're not reading this, are you Joe?)
I left Kailyn home with Joe on Tuesday, because it was senior night at Jordan's volleyball game. I only stayed for one game, since Kailyn was not happy that I left in the first place, but I got to see the senior presentation too! Only one more home volleyball game, isn't that sad?













Wednesday was pretty laid back. We had to skip church again because of Kailyn's fever. I told Mandi that we were coming to church next week "come hell or high water", but I guess one of them showed up, because it was cancelled next week due to school conferences. Maybe that's a sign that I shouldn't say things like "come hell or high water" when referring to church.
Thursday, oh Thursday. Remember in high school when making signs for the Homecoming Parade was fun? Me too! They're not fun anymore. Kailyn and I went to the Bolling's to make signs for the Shapes Dance and Acro truck for the parade. Stupid idea. I think maybe it lost it's "funness" when there were 5 year olds in the background. "Can you hurry up and draw mine?" "Can I paint yet?" "What's taking so long" "My mom is faster than your mom". It was honestly stressful. When Kailyn and I got home, we grabbed a quick supper and sat down for some Grey's Anatomy. Disappointing. I'm just overall not impressed with this season so far. It has got to pick up soon, or I may have to stop watching. (I bet the network exec's are shaking in their boots!)
Now to today, Friday! What a busy day. MHS Homecoming day. Kailyn went to school all decked out in her cheerleading uniform. The Benton School kids marched the MHS halls with the band this morning and then came up and paraded around the square. They were really cute! Then came the marathon. Kailyn got out at 12:30pm and had to be at the high school for parade line up at 1pm to ride with the Shapes group. I finally got her settled and got back up to the square to watch the parade with my mom, stepdad, gma, stepmom and friends. I love the Homecoming Parade, it's always the best! After Mandi and I finally rounded up Kailyn, Aubrey and Adilynn, I met Mandi back at her house for a kid exchange and headed home. Kailyn and I had a snack and watched some t.v. until time to head back to the high school for the half time presentation of the Homecoming Candidates and announcement of the winners. I think it's great that they have Kings now too. So are you dying to know who won? Miss Aubrie Plummer and Mr Chase Kempf. Congrats, you two! What an honor that my baby sister was put up too! I'm not sure that the football team will pull out a win playing Helias, but I bet the dance will be super fun.









I'm quite excited to hopefully get to sleep in tomorrow morning. If we are up anyway, by chance, we may fight the chilly weather to watch the MVC Homecoming parade around 9am. I make no promises.
Sheesh, I guess I've been blogging for a while, because Myer is doing backflips through my rib cage now. He loves to wait until his mom is ready for bed to wake up and move around. And I am really ready for bed, too. It's been super catching up and I will try my best to blog more than one time next week. Once again, I make no promises.
Have a great weekend, all!

2 comments:

  1. Those are cute pics that you took! I completely agree with Grey's. I like Private Practice A LOT better, it's a pretty good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Private Practice, but I'm just not an Addison fan. I don't know why, I just don't like her so much, but I sure do watch that show and it's definitely better than Grey's this year!

    ReplyDelete