Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Monday!

That's right, I said, "Happy Monday"! And I mean it too. I know darn good and well that today is Wednesday, but it has been so horrible that I'm positive it's Monday. I also know that I haven't blogged in a week and two days, oops!
Let's catch up first. Last Wednesday was Kailyn's very first "official" Parent-Teacher Conference. Joe had mandatory CPR class, so I went and Jeff met Kailyn and I there. Come to find out, my kid is fantastic! I obviously knew this already, although I may be a bit biased. Actually, the teacher really did say that she is doing extremely well and is REALLY ready to read. She is going to start working with a handful of "ready readers" individually during rest time to really get them reading. Let me just tell you, she amazes me. She can read whole books by herself, and she LOVES it! Don't get me wrong, I had to get her some new books because I had heard Hop on Pop quite enough, but I love to hear her read. Reminds me of me! Oh, and Joe did good in his class too, so if your life is in danger, just let me know and I'll send him your way!
Saturday was Jordan's very last home high school volleyball game EVER! Of course Joe and I went, Kailyn was at her dad's, but we apparently went way too early. The freshmen ended up playing 3 games, followed by the JV girls also playing 3 games, so the Varsity game that should've started around 1pm, started closer to 3pm. Wow. But I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Joe and I rented Land of the Lost Saturday night, and I recommend that you never do so. We wanted to get The Proposal, but it was out, so we thought this one might be funny and we didn't find any others, so that's what we went with. TERRIBLE. If I were a movie critic, I would have given Land of the Lost one thumbs down. I know what you're saying, "Why not two thumbs down"? Well, Will Ferrell and that guy from Pineapple Express are funny guys, and as completely ignorant as the movie was, there were a couple of good laughs it. All in all, I felt as though I were a bit dumber after watching.
Tuesday was our monthly OB appointment. I gained a slim 6.2 pounds last month.....that's right, 6.2! I'm guessing I may need to watch the whole "donut eating" habit, but I don't feel too bad yet, my total weight gain at 27 weeks of pregnancy is only 18.1 pounds. I would actually be just fine with that number, had I not gained the entire 18.1 pounds in my butt and chins. Just those two places, honest. I know have an extra ass and 4 extra chins. Thanks, Myer. Speaking of him doing things that are not so nice, he wasn't too impressed with the doppler at this appointment. I think I made him mad by drinking the nasty glucose juice at 7am, because he was flipping out after I chugged it. When we got to the doctor's office, I got my blood drawn and then we went to the examination room where they always take your blood pressure and listen to the baby's heartbeat. My blood pressure was 88/44, by the way, but the doc said that's ok, "Low is a hell of a lot better than high". Anywho, the nurse put the doppler on my belly and was searching for little man's heartbeat, around and around until he kicked the doppler completely off my belly. Joe laughed out loud, but I don't really think she thought it was too funny. She then put the doppler on the other side and got his heartbeat, 155bpm. After I saw the doctor, I got my H1N1 Vaccination, WooHoo!
That brings us to today....."Monday". As I do love my donuts, I used an empty water bottle to also bring some milk for breakfast this morning. However, when I went to put the cap back on the gallon of milk, apparently I grabbed the lid to the water bottle and it fell right inside the milk. I put the lid on the milk and put it in the fridge. I also sent Joe a message to "use caution when drinking milk". On the way out the door, I pulled my glasses out of the basket, but when I tried to grab my keys, they weren't there. In a panic, because I was late as always, I dumped my purse out, still no keys. I told Kailyn I must've left them in the car and unlocked and opened the front door to go check and found my keys.....in the door handle. Yep, I left my keys in the front door all night long. Joe had locked the door and deadbolt before bed, but I guess I just wanted to make sure that if anyone wanted in or needed to borrow my car in the night, my keys would be easily accessible. Poor little Myer, I know you have not even arrived in this outside world yet, but I also blame my forgetful/clumsiness on you. But, Son, I love you with all my heart!

TODAY IS AYSON PHILLIP BOLLING'S 1ST BIRTHDAY! I tried to talk to him this morning on the phone, but he was in his highchair and much more interested in his eggs. Such a big boy!



Today is also Joe's sister, Stephanie's, birthday! Happy Birthday, Steph!

As of today, I have 13 more weeks of pregnancy. I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. Not about the whole new baby thing, but the whole birth thing. I had an epidural with Kailyn, which I 100% deserved for all the pitocin that was being pumped through my veins, but I would really love to deliver Myer without any medication. We'll see!
Tomorrow is Trick or Treat around the square, which is always fun! Kailyn is Dorothy for Halloween and looks flipping adorable in her costume! I'll put some pics up ASAP, promise.
By the way, please enjoy the new countdown calendar on my blog, I do love me some Christmas. And just so you know, my Christmas decorations alway go up the first weekend in November and I am almost completely done Christmas shopping (and I shop for my brother too)! Please don't quit reading my blog because I'm Merrily Psychotic!

Have a Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment