Friday, October 9, 2009

What Day Is It?

So I guess today is Friday. What a long week this has been. Last night was the first night this week that I've gotten more than 3-4 hours of sleep. Sunday night Joe tossed and turned, moaned and groaned and kicked in his sleep until finally, at 2:30am, I begged him to go to the couch. Then at 5am when he got up, he was rumbling through every drawer in his dresser. Monday, after dance, Kailyn and I went to the Bolling residence to play for a while and picked up Dairy Queen on the way home for a quick supper. Being the glutten for punishment that I am, I ordered Joe some onion rings so that I could eat a couple. I ate 3. And at 2:30am, those three onion rings were on a war path up my esophagus. I had such bad indigestion that at 3am I finally went to try and sleep, through the thunder and lightning I might add, in the recliner. I finally got back to sleep around 4:30am and at 5am when Joe got up, I almost jumped out of the chair when he was rumbling through the refridgerator and letting the dogs out. Tuesday morning, Kailyn woke up and came into the bathroom saying, "Mommy, I think I have strep throat". After a little look-see, I agreed. I got her into the doctor where she tested positive for strep and negative for influenza. We got her started on antibiotics asap and she stayed with GMa while I worked the afternoon. Unfortunately we missed Aunt Jordan's volleyball game, and of course, she started! Anywho, Kailyn didn't sleep very well Tuesday night, and therefore, neither did I. She tossed and turned, moaned and groaned and even cried out a few times. Wednesday Kailyn spent the day with PaPa. I picked her up after work and we met Nana at our house because Kailyn's ruby red slippers had come in from Avon for her Dorothy costume. We now have a completed costume and are ready for Trick or Treating! We skipped church again this week since Kailyn wasn't allowed back to school until Thursday. As for sleeping Wednesday night, HA! The forecast had said to expect a few rolls of thunder through the night, but that was an understatement. About 3am, I about jumped out of my bed when my entire room lit up like the 4th of July followed by a 16 gun salute! Of course, everytime I would almost get back to sleep, the stupid lightning and thunder would shake the house again. Yesterday Kailyn went back to school! It was also picture day at Benton, she looked super cute. She wore a pink dress with purple sleeves with her hair half up/half down in piggy tail braids. Joe didn't mow yesterday because of the torrential rain fall, so he picked her up after school. When I got home I hadn't laid anything out for supper, so I used the last of my potatoes to make potato soup for Kailyn and started making pigs in a blanket for Joe and I. When Kailyn saw the hot dogs, however, she decided she'd rather have a hot dog and leftover macaroni from Tuesday night. So she had that, I had potato soup and Joe had pigs in a blanket. What a buffet! SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't watched Grey's Anatomy (Melissa) stop reading NOW!
Grey's was a little better last night. Still not up to my full expectations, but better. Meredith seems to have really grown up in this season, and I now love her character even more. Then, for some stupid reason, I watched Private Practice. I got pulled in at the end of the season last year, and have promised myself that I won't get pulled in again this year (I'm not a big fan of Addison), but it's a pretty good show. I feel so horrible for the woman who had her baby cut out at the end of last season. She has a lot of healing to do, for sure. Poor thing. After Private Practice was over, I turned the tv off and apparently it was my night to toss and turn. I had the worst leg cramps, EVER, and could not get comfy. I finally got to sleep close to 11pm and guess what? I didn't wake up again, even to tinkle, until 4:45am! That's right 5.75 hours of solid sleep.....WOO HOO! Needless to say, I could use a little bit of catch up on my ZZZZZ's, but last night helped.
Today is Becca King's birthday! Happy Birthday, Becca! And tomorrow is Justin Heinzler and Kara Pointer's wedding! Should be a great time! I should really get my patootie to work, it's almost 10am! OOPS! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment