Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday Week

This week has been full of celebration. Birthday after Birthday! Yesterday and today have brought another year of life, love and happiness to two of my favoritest people. My Mom and Mandi.
My Mom. That's all I need to say, but there's just so much more. My mom turned 54 yesterday, and celebrated with a trip to the oncologist. She had an xray and some blood work, both of which came back EXCELLENT! You see, in August of 2008, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. No family history, no forewarning behavior, just a routine mammogram (she has always gotten them religiously thank goodness). She underwent a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation, and at her mammogram in August of 2009, was labeled "cancer free"!!!!! Besides the fact that my mother gave me life, she means everything to me. Don't get me wrong, I took her for granted (we hated each other in high school), but I honestly don't think I could live without her. She has made me who I am today by being who she is. She is beyond compassionate, intelligent, loyal, loving and brave! I couldn't ask for anything more! Happy late Birthday, my hero!
Ah, Mandi. For the life of me, I couldn't tell you how we met, but I don't remember not knowing her. I know we started exchanging BFF necklaces in 7th grade. Since then, we've exchanged laughter, tears, boyfriends, jobs, life lessons, husband complaints and kid stories. Another woman I don't think I could live without. She has stood beside me though good times and bad with love and support; and, even though I am 3 days older than her, she has always been full of good advice. Happy Birthday, Mandevilla!All right, no more sentimental nonsense, it's Friday! My sweet baby sister is going to prom this Saturday and I can't wait to see how stunning she will be! This is my last prom, probably until Aubrey.....who's 9. Don't worry, I'm not rushing our girls to grow up, friends, I'm just saying that my sister is all grown up. Prom this weekend, graduation in 2 weeks and then on to the rest of her life! Time really flies, so don't forget to cherish it all! Oops! I got sentimental again! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment