Monday, April 5, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

Is it seriously Monday? What a busy weekend. It was a 3 dayer, however, so I shouldn't complain!
Last week led to a big change in our household. I've written before about how our Bull Mastiff, Marli, didn't love moving to town. She wanted to RUN with lots of space, and we tried to contain her, but Joe and I both finally decided that we weren't being fair. Last Monday I put an ad on KMMO's pet patrol that said, "A 4-year-old female Brindel Bull Mastiff is looking for a good home with room to run! She is very loving, good with small kids and other dogs, and is house broken." Now we advertised her on there about 6 months ago also, and nothing came of it, so I figured this was a shot in the dark too. However, Tuesday when I got home from work, there were 3 messages, all about her. The second message jumped out at us. It was a man and his wife, a young couple, who lived on 60 acres with 2 other outside dogs and an inside dog. He said they were looking for another member for their family. We called him first.....let me rephrase that.....I called him. Unfortunately, my husband always makes me do the dirty work. Anyway, the guy told me all about his family and I told him all about ours. He asked where Marshall was and asked if we would be willing to hold her if he couldn't make it down that night. He said he promised they wouldn't let us down, that he and his wife wanted her for sure! WHAT?! He called a little later and was 10 minutes outside of Marshall, and Joe gave him directions to our house. When they got there, we reluctantly had everything ready. It was out of this world. When they walked in, it was like Marli knew them. She is usually a bit hesitant around men upon meeting them, but not this guy. She immediately loved them. She was so excited. She was licking them, her tail was wagging all over the place and she was sitting on their feet! After they chatted with us for about 10 minutes, Joe handed the man Marli's leash, and she sat ready to go while he attached it to her leash. Then Marli nudged Joe's hand that held her ball, like, "Um, that's mine, can you give it to him so we can go?". Joe gave him her stuff and they were off. She jumped right in the back of his truck with her tongue out and tail wagging out of control. She was ready to go. The couple coming on the same day and Marli being so excited made the situation more liveable, but it was sad nonetheless. Tears were shed and failure was felt, but ultimately we feel like Marli deserved more than we could give her. Joe says we will never have a big dog again, period. I agree. Kailyn wasn't really sad, probably because Marli was a little rambuncious with all of her energy, but she made sure to reitterate the fact that Missy and Morgan were NOT going anywhere. While the couple was picking up Marli, Kailyn practically laid on top of the little dogs to insure they didn't slip away! She says she's ready for a chihuahua puppy now.

We had a fun visit Saturday evening with friends for Erica's birthday bbq. The adults hung out and caught up while the kids played hard. Kailyn played some more when we got home while I made a couple things for Easter lunch, and by the time I was done, she was exhausted. She started to have a slight meltdown, so I sent her to her room, and when I checked on her less than 5 minutes later, she was sound asleep. I'm talking fully clothed, light on, covered completely up by a High School Musical blanket! The next morning she came down to see what the Easter Bunny brought in her clothes from Saturday!
I think we all must have been a bit tired from Saturday, because we didn't get up when we were supposed to and were moving way too slow to make it to church, so we missed it. Oops. Joe turned on Joel Osteen to make himself feel better! After we finally got around, we headed to my Mom's for a combined Easter/Belated Birthday for Aaron lunch. It was fabulous. Yummy food, great family, it just doesn't get any better! Kailyn did some good egg hunting and Myer did some good playing. Myer got a play gym from Mimi and Papa and he loves it! Honestly I never thought I would use one, because Kailyn never liked hers, but little dude digs hanging out, kicking his feet, talking to animals! He is so nosey, it's hilarious. He just about breaks his neck to see everything going on around him! After a full day of Easter, we went home and I did a little laundry while Joe and Kailyn played outside and Myer napped. I did get it folded, but I refused to put it away, I was tired. We had a trampoline picnic for supper (Joe and Kailyn had McDonald's and I had leftovers from lunch), watched a little tv and were off to B-E-D!

I'm still a bit sluggish today, but I've got a Route 44 Iced Tea and my radio set on Y107, so I will make it! By the way, I am LOVING "Breakeven" by The Script and "Hey Soul Sister" by Train right now. I'm talking, crank it up, sing my lungs out loving them. The kids are on Spring Break from school today, so I took Mandi a Route 44 Coke (hopefully she will still have her sanity by the day's end). Sanity.....HA! What is that anyway?
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment