Monday, August 30, 2010

Santa Claus is Comin to Town

You read it right, people! Santa Claus will be here in a little under 4 months! Now, I've written on here that I've bought a few things, I know, but Joe and I actually sat down and discussed what big presents the kids would receive from Santa. I'm sooooo EXCITED!
Kailyn's is a definite. Last year Santa brought her a Julie American Girl doll, but she also got a Madame Alexander doll for Christmas at her Dad's and a Bitty Baby from Mimi for her birthday. Being the idiot I am, I thought for sure she would be good with her number of 18 inch dolls (she already had a Just Like Me American doll, so her total is 4). HA! The other night at dinner, I asked her what she would ask Santa for this year. She decided she would give him 3 choices: a Kit American Girl doll, a Rebecca American Girl doll, or a set of Bitty Twins. Really? I asked one of my favorite mommy friends if she thought Santa bringing more American Girls was overkill, but she agrees that my child is obsessed. She honestly plays with ALL her dolls ALL the time.....Bitty Twins it is, then! They even have a special package that comes with the double stroller, so Joe and I can give her that!
Myer is a little more difficult. We actually are still thinking on his. We had originally thought of a motorized ride on or a slide/climber playset, but decided against those because he won't be able to play with them indoors. I had looked at some rocking horses, and Joe did like that idea, so we went back through and decided on one together. We need another something to go with the horse, though, to even out the spending. Joe said a workbench, but I want us to get him that from us (did that make sense?); plus, a horse and workbench aren't really related, you know? Like, you can't work on your horse with your tools. There's a really cute Sesame Street walk/ride on toy (Myer digs Elmo), but that doesn't really go with a rocking horse either!! So, I guess he could get the workbench and ride on from Santa and the rocking horse from us. Thank goodness I've got 4 months to argue with myself ;) !
I really do LOVE Christmas. I would decorate tomorrow if people wouldn't think I was a huge nut-job! I really like Halloween decorations too. I'm seriously thinking of doing some super fun Halloween decor this year, but we'll see what the hubby says!
Well, I'd better get some work done! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Christmas too! I can't believe I'm admitting this (online nonetheless too) but I NEVER put up our multiple trees display that's in the basement. I think it looks too good to put up! :~) So start decorating!!

    ReplyDelete