Friday, August 6, 2010

'Tis the Season

Falalalalalalalala.....
I bought my first Christmas presents this past weekend! Did you know Christmas is only 4 months away? Isn't that exciting?! In all honesty, I most normally start shopping in September or October, but I had some J-bucks (Justice) that were going to expire, so rather than losing a free $25, I bought Kailyn a Christmas present and some stocking stuffers! Obviously, I LOVE me some Christmas, but I also have TWO birthdays in January this year. Really smart to have my kids 7 days apart and less than a month after the biggest holiday of the year.

I bought the kids' Halloween costumes (my second favorite holiday) today. I looked up some really cute options: Cheerleader & Wrestler, Wonderwoman & Superman, Catwoman & Batman and Angel & Devil. The winning combination, however, according to Kailyn, was Kitty & Puppy. So I went ahead and ordered them and didn't have to pay any tax (it's tax free weekend)! Joe, Kailyn and Myer need tennis shoes, so I think we'll get those this weekend too. Other than that, the kids are ready for fall/winter. I watch for awesome internet sales and get my breaks there, especially since Columbia and Boone County opted out of tax free sales this year.

To explain the SU2C video in the previous post: I was going to check my e-mail and I always read the entertainment highlights, when my eye was caught by a photo of the ever so cutie-patootie Zac Efron, so I clicked on it. It turned out to be a commercial featuring several young stars who are standing up against cancer. My mama (and HERO) is a breast cancer survivor, so I like to support any "fight cancer" groups. I love the youth and determination of this video! Everyone can make a difference!

As I'm sure you probably noticed, Dakota Fanning was one of the young stars in that commercial. Did you know she's only 16? Did you know she's been in 26 Films and 2 Short Films, on 12 TV shows, been nominated for 30 awards and has won 13 awards? She's fabulous! A little off topic, but I *heart* her!

OMG IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment