Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TOYS

As I am in full holiday mode, I've been "screen" shopping for ideas. Today I was on http://www.toysrus.com/ looking for the newest in awesome toys and these were on the top of the list:
It's called a Sing-a-ma-jig. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have a dirty mind, but do people really buy these for their small children? Foul. I get the whole singing aspect of the toy, but rest assure, I jam out almost daily and I never make that face, no matter what song is on! A couple of Christmas' ago, Kailyn just HAD to have this boy Baby Alive doll. My brother, Tim, couldn't find it in K.C., so he asked me to pick it up for him here in town. I didn't even think twice until I got the doll paid for and in the car with me. As I was checking him out, I see in small writing on the box, "anatomically correct". Really? Why is that necessary? Maybe I'm a prude or I'm trying to wriggle around explaining "things" to my small child, who knows?! I was rather relieved when Kailyn got into Barbies and discovered that both she and Ken come with painted on undies, these days. They sure didn't when I had them! You wonder why these kids grow up so fast; it's because we apparently start sex education in their toddler years. Next thing you know there will be a DVD called "Elmo Tells You Where Babies Come From". Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks these things are OUT THERE! I guess they are really popular because they have a limit that you can purchase at our Toys R Us?!? CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete