Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finales and Premieres

I wanted to wait to blog this week and make it a big mamma-jamma! What a week this has been.....

For starters, I've had enough of severe weather. I'm sure everyone in the states of Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma are saying the same thing, but honestly. Last night I actually slept soundly for the first time since Sunday. I've been laying awake praying all the nights in between! To add to the stress of the weather situation, Kailyn left Sunday to go to her dad's for her first two weeker of the summer. So of course, as I'm missing her terribly and feeling sorry for myself that she's not with me, tornadoes threaten to take out everyone I've ever known. Did I mention that some sort of alien stomach parasite overtook my body around 8:30pm on Sunday night? I have never been so sick in my life. NO MORE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH! Thank goodness for quality reality tv to help keep my mind somewhat busy.....








Hines and Kym won Dancing With the Stars! They were really good all season. I wanted Mark and Chelsea to win, but Hines and Kym were definitely a top choice too. I do think that Kirstie Alley held her own and was very motivational with her weight loss, but it's a DANCING competition.
Olivia Ward won Biggest Loser! OMG she looked fantastic! And so did her sister Hannah! They were my favorites all season and they were so supportive, dedicated and positive, I'm so happy for them! They were also the first sister team to make it to the finale together, and they took 1st and 2nd - AMAZING! There were a few disappointments on the Live Finale too, though. I guess my biggest let down was Courtney. I really expected her to be fit and trim and still doing great on her journey, but that wasn't the case. She had only lost like 8-10 pounds since leaving the ranch and didn't seem as dedicated. Father/Daughter team Moses and Kaylee were downers too. Moses was the first contestant on the ranch to lose 100 pounds before being eliminated, but hadn't lost much more than that when he hit the scale for the last time. And Kaylee.....oh, Kaylee. She was one of the smaller girls on the show to start with. She'd been hitting big numbers and then plateaued when she gave up. One week she wanted to go home and the next week she wanted to stay. Drama. I was super excited when she finally left and honestly didn't believe her whole spill about how she'd "learned so much and was going to be so wonderful at home". When she was eliminated, she'd lost a total of seventy-some pounds, and when she weighed in on the live finale she'd only lost a total of fifty-some. Doing good at home, Kaylee? Yikes. And then there's Rulon. The Olympic Medalist Wrestler who couldn't believe how much weight he'd gained and had let down his family, friends and fans. Of course you know that my husband is a wrestler through and through. Obviously we were both immediately drawn to Rulon and were sure he was going to be amazingly dedicated and blow the competition out of the water! Right. Was that before or after he got caught eating a whole bag of tortilla chips in his room, or before or after he just came to a weigh in and said, "Well, I'm ready to home, I've learned all I need to, bye". He didn't even have the courage to show up to the finale. I so wish he would have. I bet he's gained all his weight back! He was supposed to be such an inspiration to athletes! Disappointment.
Don't get me wrong, so many contestants looked great and they truly are dedicated and so motivating! What amazing stories!

I wasn't very impressed with the performance show of American Idol, but the actual finale was a totally different story! I think the consensus around the world is, "Why the hell didn't more people vote for Pia, Casey, James and Haley?" They, along with the other previously eliminated contestants, stole the show last night! I mean, Congratulations Scotty, but he and Lauren may not have been there for all I know, I was partying with the experienced, entertaining singers!
Speaking of which, did you see Steven Tyler?! LOVED IT! A Rock Legend he is for sure, and just as amazing today as 38 years ago! That's right, Dream On was released in 1973 and he still sounds that freaking awesome in 2011! He is THE MAN!


Um, did you happen to see Lady Gaga perform? So I get it, she's pretty "unique", but I do like her music. Her stage performances are a bit much, though. I can deal with her crazy clothes, fine, but she truly acted like she was having sex with her dancer on that rock! Holy cow! Kids watch American Idol too, you know! Sheesh!Speaking of the dancer she almost had sex with, it was Mark, a past contestant and last season All Star from So You Think You Can Dance! He's one of her primary dancers! Crazy! PS, So You Think You Can Dance starts TONIGHT! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! I'm also excited that today is my Friday and we don't have to come back to work until Tuesday! It's like a mini-vacation! I'm going to do some reading on Water for Elephants, which is pretty fantastic, and play with my baby boy tons in hopes of not bawling all weekend because Kailyn still has another whole week at her dad's! Ugh, I'm hopeless :( but I sure do LOVE MY BABIES!
Please stay away, yucky weather, and let us all have a relaxing long weekend ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment