Monday, May 9, 2011

Queazy

So let's be honest. Motherhood has a billion perks, but there are days that are maybe not so pretty. I knew these days would come. I don't gasp when my children fall and scrape their knees, I clean out their ears, noses and diapers and I can clean up puke with the best of them. Am I a superhero, you ask? Is there anything I can't handle, you say? Teeth. Loose ones to be exact. Honestly, why are we given teeth that need to fall back out? Isn't that the same concept as an appendix or tonsils. You don't need them, but they can cause you pain and you have to have them painfully removed? That makes no sense. I don't like it.
Now when Kailyn lost her first two teeth, I got super lucky. If you'll remember, her adult teeth came in before her baby teeth fell out, so we had to have the baby's pulled. This past Friday night, Kailyn stayed the night with her BFF Adi. She stayed most of Saturday also, and they played the whole day away! Mandi and I talked around mid-afternoon and she said she had some news before Kailyn came home. Ayson and Kailyn had had a slight run in on the trampoline and, while Kailyn's two front teeth were a bit wiggly, the front right one was now only hanging on by a thread. At this point in the conversation, I dropped the phone and threw up four times. As soon as she got home, she showed me how the tooth could bend perpendicular to her gums and I threw up three more times. She and Joe promptly went downstairs with a rubber glove (Joe's idea to get "traction" on the tooth) and wet washrag and when she started hollering out in pain I threw up again. They didn't get it out, so we went ahead and went to Papa and Grammy's house for supper. Throughout the night, she pushed it back and forth with her tongue and fingers, so I decided just to carry around a plastic bag so I could throw up at random. We came home around 9pm and put Myer into the bath. I was picking out the kids' clothes for Mother's Day brunch, when Kailyn said, "I got it, Mom". I said, "You got it out?" and she said, "No, I've got ahold of it and I need Joe". I ran faster than I've ever run before and shoved Joe out of the bathroom, only stopping him as I pelted him in the back with a wet washrag (nobody likes blood on the carpet). I shut the door behind him, turned on the room ventilator fan and sang songs to Myer at the top of my lungs in between fits of vomiting. By the time I got Myer washed up and out of the tub, Kailyn opened the bathroom door like this:They did it! Well, Joe pulled it and Kailyn let him! Thank goodness the Tooth Fairy had cash in her wallet, because she usually doesn't. By the way, I puked 47 times while writing this as I relived the whole gut wrenching ordeal. I hope the rest of them just fall out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment