Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hooray for a 4 day weekend! However, setting the alarm clock last night and having to get out of my bed at a specified time this morning was a little rough. I definitely got lots accomplished over the long weekend and did some major lounging too. I mean, honestly, what am I going to do without a nap today? I also survived week #1 of Kailyn being gone.....barely. She sent this message Saturday:That's right, she is toothless! No yummy corn on the cob for my baby girl for a while :) I promised her I could cut it off! It seems that Myer gets more teeth every time Kailyn loses one. Right now he is working on some top molars. Those things are boogers! He's had kind of a hard time with them :(


I finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, and it was FANTASTIC! I can't wait to watch the movie. (Not that having my "Edward" in it will help at all and I LOVE Reese Witherspoon) I wasn't really sure what to read next, so I went to the "Recommended For You" section at the Kindle Store. I was slightly intrigued by a book called These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf, so I downloaded it. Let me just tell you, it is good! It is very well written and in a manner that you don't want to put it down. Each chapter is written from a different character's point of view and gives you so many different sides to the story. Heather Gudenkauf has another book The Weight of Silence, that has somewhat of a similar storyline to the one I'm reading now. I'm downloading it next! Recently I read a couple of books by Pam Lewis, as well, and I wasn't sure how I felt about them at first, but they both ended up being pretty good. I've got a list of books going now that I'm going to try out. Maybe a couple of Sara Gruen's other books and an author named Carol Cassella, who is said to write similarly to Jodi Picoult. I know I should probably be doing something more productive, like working out, when I put the kids to bed, but I really consider that my "me" time and would much rather read! Since I got my Kindle for Christmas I've read 10 books. These Things Hidden is number 11. Only one of them was a flop and took me a really long time to read. I finished it, but it was terrible. I do not recommend The False Friend by Myla Goldberg.Well, it's only a 4 day week, so I'd better get my rear in gear! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment