Friday, July 24, 2009

1 down, 1 to go!

I know, I know, this is my 2nd blog in 2 days, please don't fall over! And don't be too excited, either, because I really don't have a whole lot to say.
The 100th episode of So You Think You Can Dance was on last night, and I was a little disappointed. They were supposed to be bringing back the past season dancers and doing some of the favorite dances from their seasons. Not so much. They did they dances that won Emmy's and that's it, and the Hummingbird/Flower dance, I didn't like it the first time Hok and Jamie performed it, so last night wasn't any different. Travis and Heidi never disappoint, and I still loved them performing the Bench. Of course, Ramalama was a little different, but Wade Robson is the choreographer, and his visions are extremely unique. But I love him, nonetheless, and last night he performed with the top 8 Season 3 dancers on that dance. He's really great, I mean honestly, a gorgeous man who can dance - nothing hotter! Ok, enough of that, back to the disappointment. Katie Holmes was on the show, not only to promote the new Dizzy Feet Organization, (created by Nigel Lythgoe, Katie Holmes, Adam Shankman and Carri Ann Inaba. http://www.dizzyfeet.org/) but also to sing and dance. Ha! She may have sang at one point, but she was lip synching last night, and all she did was walk around and climb on a table and such, she certainly didn't do any fantastic dancing. Then it was time to find out who was going home. With the girls, I didn't want anyone to leave, I love the top 4! So I was going to be sad no matter what and it was Janette. However, on the guy's side, Evan is nowhere near trained the way the other 3 guys are. NOWHERE. And somehow he keeps on making it through, without even being in the bottom 2 mind you, and the better dancers are going home!!!!! Trash! So unfortunately Jason was sent home last night, not Evan, and I was highly disappointed.
Mandi, if you are reading this, stop here! Well, we seem to be following a common theme here, and I'd hate to throw anyone off course, so I'll stick with my disappointment from last night. I finished my book, 13 Reason Why by Jay Asher, and I'd have to say, I didn't think it was as good as I originally thought it was going to be. It was really a blame game for a teenage girl that gave up on life and herself. And I am not sure where I heard or read that it was based on a true story, but apparently I made that up. So, in my opinion, it was worth reading once, there's some deep stuff in there that really makes you think about how your actions affect others, but I'd say maybe it is a book for a younger generation. Maybe a good book for a high school novels class with an open discussion afterwards.
All right, I'm sorry about my whining, but I'm glad I got that off my chest. I will be starting my new book tonight, While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky (she writes a lot like Jodi Picoult - my fave!). I've enjoyed a few other Barbara Delinsky books, so I'm pretty excited about this one.
Congrats to Matt and Kara Daniel on the arrival of their sweet, sweet baby girl Natalee Ann yesterday!!!!! I got to see some pictures, and she is adorable!
Once again, people, have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment