Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Work Week

Well, well, well. Here we are again. The weekend completely flew by and everyone is back to the daily grind. BOO! I guess I shouldn't complain as I sit at my work desk, inhaling a six pack of chocolate mini donuts and drinking milk while I blog, but it is what I'm good at, so I'd hate to disappoint.
I did some major cleaning this past weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Saturday was Richard and Ariel Urtz's reception, and it was fun. A good time with great people and FANTASTIC food! OMG the food was so good. (Yes, people, I realize I'm pregnant, but I'm telling you, it was delicious!)
I finished my second book on Sunday. While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky turned out to be pretty good. It was one of those books that is so well written that you put yourself in the shoes of the characters of the book. Really good! I started Chasing Justice by Kerry Max Cook last night. It is the true story of Kerry Max Cook's struggle to free himself after 2 decades on death row for a crime he didn't commit. It's starting a little slow (gotta give all the background information of how he grew up, etc), but I really like true stories and biographies and such, so I think I'll really like this one.
Last night was a really good time. We went to the Bolling residence for Andy's golden birthday (He was 27 on the 27th). We hung out with some good people and once again had some awesome food. Since Kailyn is at her dad's, (only 5 more days, thank goodness!) I got to have some good kid time with my friends' kids! It's nice to help when I can, and I get a little "Mommy Lonely" when Kailyn is gone, so it helps me too! To top it off, Andy's cousin is in town and he did balloon animals and magic tricks for the kids. Ok, so all of the adults were super impressed too! He was really good. I did have to hide from the party for 10 minutes at about 8:50pm. I wasn't worried about missing the rest of The Bachelorette, really, I just wanted to see who Jillian picked. Ed. Really? I mean, if that's who will make her happy, then I think that's great for them, but I really wanted her to pick Kiptyn. Oh well, she made up her mind. I'll watch the After the Final Rose Show tonight and hopefully never get sucked into The Bachelor or The Bachelorette again. Sorry, Mandi.
Well, I've got a stack of invoices on my desk calling my name. I'll leave you all today with the 14 week cartoon from baby-gaga.com. Have a great week! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment