Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Good News!

Holy cow, two blog posts in one week? I can't believe it either, but I am bursting at the seams with good news that I'd like to share!
Joe and I went to the doctor yesterday for our second visit. According to my blood work, I am 12 weeks pregnant today and am now due January 27, 2010. The nurse tried to doppler the baby's heartrate, but 12 weeks is still pretty early, so we couldn't get it. When Dr. McCoy came in he did a quick sonogram. We got to see the little "bean" with it's nice strong heartbeat. He/She is 4.9 cm long now, which the doc says is right on track. Joe is positive that he saw a boy part, but after much convincing, now realizes that we don't exactly have boy/girl parts quite yet. Can you tell what he wants? We did get a picture of the bambino, but my scanner at home is not working for some silly reason, and the one here at work doesn't seem to like pictures, so I'm really sorry! We will go back in 4 weeks for a regular visit and then 2 weeks later will get to have our sonogram to *hopefully* find out the baby's sex. I'll take any sex, as long as we get a healthy baby!
So I'm sure that this is old hat for most readers, but for those who don't know.....Julie Cromley-See is a miracle. She is a CASA volunteer in Greene County and nominated one of her families for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. After lots of interviews and videos and such.....get ready for this.....the family is getting a new home! The Hampton family of Ash Grove is such a deserving family. Chris and Niki have 2 children, and in a dark hour, took in their 4 nieces and nephews. The house they were living in was 800 sq ft and only really built for 4. These people are so loving and genuine, and because of Julie's selflessness and dedication, they are now going to have a beautiful home that will fit their beautiful family! Yay Julie, you truly are amazing! Please follow the story and all updates at http://www.kspr.com/.
Gosh, I told you I was full of good stuff! Also, Miss Karsyn King turns 5 today! What a big girl, all of our babies are growing up so fast. Happy Birthday, Karsyn! Well, it is hump day, so we're half way through the week. Unfortunately for me, Kailyn goes back to her dad's on Sunday for her last 2 week session of the summer. It just seems like such a LONG time! Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

  1. Scott’s b-day is Jan. 26th so I hope you have him/her then! That’s funny about Joe thinking he saw a little po-po (that’s what we used to call it…...ha--I don’t even know if I spelled right?), I think he’s hoping for a little wrestler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do like Scott, but I'm hoping to have him/her before then! Isn't he silly? He definitely wants a wrestler!

    ReplyDelete