Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Not exactly sweet, but VIVID for sure! I can't even put a finger on what causes these dreams. They are out of control. Last night I had one dream that Joe and I weren't married and he had another girl pregnant who was due right before me. At the beginning of the dream, it seemed that I was ok with the situation, but then I realized I only wanted him if I could keep him for just myself and my baby.....AND HE LEFT WITH THE OTHER GIRL! Are you freaking kidding me? I woke up and felt like I had been bawling my eyes out for days and my stomach was killing me, and then I figured out that Joe was on his side of the bed! Whew! I finally got back to sleep after that dream and had another doozy. In the dream I woke up in the middle of the night and wasn't sure, but I thought my water had broken. I felt around and Myer's head was crowning and I could feel his hair. I woke Joe up and told him what was going on and that we had to go to the hospital right away. However, we got up and got stuff ready, went by the movie store to rent him some PSP games and Kailyn DS games and then took Kailyn to school. I woke up before we ever even got to the hospital. I was awake after that one for a while too. I sometimes wonder why I even try to sleep. Ridiculous!
Kailyn was with her dad over the long weekend and didn't come home til 6pm yesterday. Last night we were getting things ready for bed and clothes picked out for today. I asked her what she wanted to wear and she said, "I just want you to pick it out, mom" So I said, "Did your dad wash your clothes from the weekend?" She held up the shorts she had just taken off and said, "Not these shorts" I said, "I know, Boog, but did he wash your capri pants?" She wasn't sure, so I decided to do the 'ol smell check. I said, "Oh, they kind of smell like cigarettes," (You may want to prepare yourself for this response) to which she replied with eyes the size of golfballs, "Mom, I didn't smoke!" I apologized and told her that I didn't think she had, but that I appreciated her honesty! I guess if she ever does start smoking hopefully she'll tell me!!!!!
Backing up a little.....Joe and I watched The Hangover on Sunday night, and that is one funny a** movie. Holy cow, I haven't laughed that hard in a minute! I definitely give it 2 hilarious thumbs up!



Kailyn is going to do a cheerleading camp with the MHS Football cheerleaders next week and then cheer at that Friday night's game. She is super pumped! She ran around the house "cheering" last night for quite a while. I finally told her that I had a movie all about cheerleading (Bring It On). She said, "Oh mom, you know what I really want to watch?" Wait for it....."Your old dance tapes!" YIKES! So we watched a couple of dances followed by a couple of Joe's wrestling matches from his senior year. Oh, the memories.
Now I have watched the A&E show Hoarders before, but there was a new episode on last night. I saw a preview that really intrigued me about a 21 year old boy who couldn't clean up his long haired sheep dog's hair from all over his carpet because he felt like throwing it away would prematurely age his dog. He also couldn't throw trash items away because everything had a special meaning, for example, if his mom bought him a bottle of water, he felt like throwing away the bottle when he was done would mean he didn't love his mom. Isn't that so sad? Well he ended up not even holding a candle to the other woman on the show. Swear. This woman was 71 years old and had a soft spot in her heart for stray animals. Ok, I get that, my husband is the same way. This woman, however, was out of control. She and her husband both said they probably had between 20 and 25 cats and dogs. People drop them off at their house all the time because they know the couple won't turn them away. Well the condition of the house where the animals have completely torn it apart and the smell had driven the neighbors to call Animal Control. Obviously they have an ordinance in their town, as do we, about the number of animals you can have without a permit. And what's worse, the woman had had a stroke some years before and lost all vision in one eye and can't see to clean. So there's been no cleaning in her home period since the stroke. Anyway, to sum up the story, Animal Control and a Hoarder cleaning crew went in at separate times and ultimately found 41 live animals and 70 dead ones. That's 111 animals people! The couple didn't have charges pressed on them for animal cruelty as long as they agreed to counseling for their hoarding problem. Their house got fully cleaned out and re-deemed liveable and they got to keep 3 cats. So sad, she really thought she was just helping the animals by giving them a place to live, she was such a nice lady. That show is nuts. The picture below is NOT from the Hoarders show, it is a picture a found on Google of 100 cats in a room (a clean one at that), just for an example.

We have got a busy Saturday coming up! Two birthday parties in one day, Aubrey will be 6 and Averi will be 3! Alright, they are 9 and 6, but do they really have to be that old? Our girls are growing so stinking fast. Geez!
My super cousin Trafton and his gorgeous wife Katie are the proud new parents of a sweet baby boy.....finally! That boy took his sweet time coming out, but made his arrival Thursday, September 3, weighing in at 8 lbs, 2 oz! Mom and baby are doing great! Congrats!!!!!
Well, I really have got some work to do after the long weekend. Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday (it so still feels like Monday to me!)! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment