Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And The Award Goes To:

Wait for it.....hold your breath.....it could be you.....the "Mother of the Year" Award WINNER is.....ME! Oh sorry, you really thought you had that in the bag, huh? Fortunately, I'll let you in on the secret of my success: Yesterday I called my OB/GYN's office to have a prescription filled. The woman said, "You said Aimee Klinge, right?" I said, "Yes," She said, "Did you know you missed your appointment this morning?" WTH? Anyone reading this who knows me on a personal level, go ahead, let your jaw hit your keyboard. I am one organized son of a gun! Anyway, I told the woman I had my appointment written down for the 11th, and she said, "Sorry, we had you down for today, do you want to come in at 3:20pm today?" So I called Joe and after he reassured me that the card in his wallet (filled out by the same secretary lady that was just a second before telling me I missed my appointment) said August 11th at 8:40am. (Thank you very much!) We did go to the doctor yesterday, though, at 3:20pm. We discovered why we always make morning appointments while we were sitting in the waiting room for an hour!!!!! Wow, no more afternoons for us, thanks! Once we did finally get in we heard our bambino's heartbeat, still strong at 157, and talked to Dr McCoy. We made our next appointment for September 1st at 8:00am, that's right, as soon as they open, and we will be going for our sonogram on August 26th at 3:30pm. Now that one we made for when Kailyn got out of school so she could go. So I registered my itty bitty baby for kindergarten today. WAH! She will attend Benton Elementary School (see above). Here's where I guaranteed my "Mother of the Year" Award. I, obviously, have never registered a child for school and had no idea where to go. Thinking that I could figure this out from the signs, I went to the table labeled BENTON. As I stood there and was ignored by the lady for a solid 5 minutes while she chatted it up with the woman next to her, I felt a slight tap on my rear. It was Becca, thank goodness. At that point, the woman found it necessary to speak to me and ask me if I had copies of Kailyn's birth certificate, shot record and eye exam. I told her I had turned those in at the end of last year, and she said, "Well then, here's a copy of our medication policy and you just need to go and register her in the gymnasium". Oh you got it, I was talking to the nurse. I felt better, though, after Becca said she stood there for ten minutes too, before finding out that she was at the wrong table. A sign when you first walk in saying, "GO HERE FIRST" with an arrow pointing to the gym would be nice, especially for first timers or parents new to the area. Not only can I not figure out when my prenatal appointments are for my unborn baby, but I can also not figure out the correct way to register my 5 year old for kindergarten. Hence, my "Mom of the Year" award! Thank you, thank you (as I curtsy for the crowd). Someone please tell me that my brain will come back when this baby is born.....PLEASE!?
Kailyn, Joe, my mom and I went to messy night at the park last night. They had so much fun stuff! Seperate pools filled with macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and sauce, mud, oatmeal, wet paper, cereal and so much more. They also had finger painting and sponge painting and a chocolate pudding slip n' slide! Want to know what Kailyn did? She ran through the sprinklers. Yep, she thought the other stuff was gross. Not Aubrey and Karsyn! They were all over that slip n' slide and covered in ketchup and mustard. Kailyn and Adi did run up to me once and show me how messy they had gotten because they had grass bits stuck to their wet feet!
I will leave you with some inspiring genius from my husband. I looked back at my old blog posts and couldn't believe I forgot to tell you about our first baby appointment. While we were waiting that morning, Joe picked up a magazine to look cool. As he was reading, he stopped, turned to me and said, "What's an OB/GYN?". I said, "An Obstetrician/Gynecologist, and we're in his office right now". Honestly, how does any man not know what a gynecologist is? Hasn't everyone seen Kindergarten Cop? "My dad's a gynecologist, he looks at vaginas all day!" Proving that men absolutely DO NOT retain information that comes from their wives, I bring to you our appointment yesterday. While we were waiting (for a flipping hour, mind you), my husband turns to me and says, "Now what are we doing here?" I said, "We're going to the doctor." He said, "I know, but on the phone you said something about an obstetrician, who's that?" Seriously? You know I can't make this stuff up. I said, "An obstetrician is a doctor who delivers babies and Dr McCoy is ours." Last night he decided that he would like to only refer to our OB as Dr McCoy, so he doesn't get confused. We shook on it.
Happy Hump Day, people!!

2 comments:

  1. I can’t stop laughing at what you have at the end. It is a guy thing. I’ve turned to writing things down for Scott………it’s been a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have honestly tried it all. Writing it down, making a calendar, etc, I think all men just have selective comprehension. Silly boys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete