Monday, August 10, 2009

Only One More Week

Wah, wah, wah! Exactly one week from today, my precious, 7 lb baby girl will be in kindergarten. How the he** did that happen? Wah, wah, wah! After tax-free weekend, she is clothes and school supplies ready to go out into the real world. (Dramatic, right? But my BABY is going to SCHOOL!) Wow, I know people always say, "Kids grow up so fast", but I never thought it would be like this. It's really fast. *tear*

Kailyn and I have been trying to do some fun stuff since her summer is almost over. We went to the pool Saturday and Sunday afternoon this past weekend. Whew, it was HOT, but the water was nice. Saturday, I was a nervous wreck because there were so many people there, but Sunday wasn't quite so bad. I feel bad for Kailyn because I'm always telling her she has to stay right next to me, but with all of the parents who don't give a crap about where their children are, I would rather be safe than sorry.
Hannah Montana Dance Camp starts today. Kailyn had so much fun at Fairy Tale Princess Camp, so she is really stoked about Hannah Camp too! Shapes Dance Open House is tonight too, from 4pm - 7pm for anyone who's interested in registering their little dancers. Believe me, I put Kailyn in two other dance studios before Shapes, and I honestly regret the time we lost. Tracey Wozny and all of her instructors are just fabulous. They are all so hands on with EVERY child so that they can learn all they can about dance. Tracey even knows every child's name and their abilities, she is amazing! Please visit http://www.shapesdance.com/, I mean, if you are considering dance class (they also have specialty dance classes and musical lessons at the studio in Carrollton) for your child, Shapes is the BEST!!!!! By the way, if you visit the website, the first picture on the Home page is Kailyn's Combo group from the 2009 Latin Tormenta Production, and my baby is in the middle on the top row. If you don't make it to Open House tonight at the First United Methodist Church in Marshall, you can also register online.

So our last week before school starts is looking to be a busy one. Hannah Montana Camp today through Wednesday, Dance Open House tonight after camp, School Open House Thursday, Birthday Party Friday, and Kailyn is going to the lake with her Mimi and Papa Friday night and coming home Sunday after a visit to the State Fair Sunday morning. Yikes! Speaking of busy, time seems to be just flying by! Did you know Christmas is in only 4 1/2 months? Guess I should maybe start thinking about starting shopping.....BOO!
I guess that's all I have on this tired Monday. That was one heck of a house shaking storm last night, darn it, and I didn't get but about 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night! (which wouldn't work for me even if I wasn't pregnant) Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment