Thursday, September 9, 2010

To Tell the Tooth

The Klinge household seems to be having some tooth trauma. I have horrible teeth, so any troubles just seem normal to me anymore. I will be going to the dentist next Monday to get my permanent bridge (which was supposed to be two crowns but turned into a 2-unit bridge once he got to drilling) put on. Anywho, no big deal, like I said, I'm used to the dentist's chair. My kids are a different story.
Let me start by saying that I'm pretty sure every kid Kailyn knows has lost at least one tooth. She has been saying "I'm pretty sure I have a loose tooth" for about a year now. Just recently, one of her bottom middle teeth actually started to wiggle ever so slightly. I picked up Kailyn from After School Program today after work. She ran to me and said, "Hey mom, check this out". She opened her mouth nice and wide and right there, behind the loose tooth, was a permanent tooth. That's right, she hasn't lost any baby teeth yet, but she did get an adult one. Luckily, I called the dentist's office and they said to keep wiggling the tooth and hopefully it will come out on it's own. However, if it's still in there after a week, we'll have to make an appointment to have it pulled. We've certainly got our fingers crossed that the tooth comes out, but Kailyn has an extreme under bite, and this permanent tooth is the epitome of an under bite! I don't know that it growing is going to help push the baby tooth out at all.
Now on the opposite end of the spectrum is Myer. He has recently gotten his first 2 teeth. Let me tell you, he thinks they're pretty cool. As in when he's done eating, he bites down.....and he doesn't take a bottle, if you know what I'm saying. I can tell when he's going to do it now, so I've been able to prevent some pain, but he's still taken me by surprise a few times. He loves to chew on things ALL the time. Toys, food, dogs, skin, etc. I really hope I don't have a "biter".Tomorrow is MHS Homecoming! If it's not raining, Kailyn will ride with Shapes in the parade, but with both kids being sick this past weekend, she'll just watch if the weather's bad. Same with the football game, we'll try to go if it's dry, but it's just not worth it if it's yucky. Our gorgeous niece is one of the Homecoming Court Crown bearers, though, so I really hope the weather works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment