Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pupdate

Oh, faithful readers, I fear I must deliver bad news. Tuesday I received an e-mail from Laurel, our breeder, saying that Lila, Ozzy's mom, had completely stopped caring for her 7 adorable babies. She had put all the puppies in with other mom's, Ozzy was with Patsy the Poodle. We were very hopeful, since Patsy took him in like one of her own, but even worse news came yesterday. I checked my e-mail right before leaving work yesterday, and Laurel said she had lost all of Lila's pups, including Ozzy. The only thing she can determine would be that Lila got a post-pregnancy bacterial infection and passed it to her babies through her milk. What luck, huh? Laurel went on to say how sorry she was and that it would be her pleasure to refund our money or let us choose a puppy from one of the other litters. I didn't want to tell Joe on the phone or in a text, so I waited until he came home and dropped the bomb. He was pretty bummed, but we got on Laurel's website, http://www.triplelfarm.net/, and looked at the last two remaining males, born April 25th to Tabby and Riley. They are wheaten in color.Joe decided he really likes the one with a lighter face. He is in front in the top picture and on the left in the bottom one. I called Laurel with my fingers and toes crossed that he was still available, and he was! She is going to try to take a picture of him by himself today and e-mail it to me. We haven't thought of a name yet, but we're doing some research. Please think only good thoughts about our new puppy baby! I'll make sure to pupdate everyone when I know anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment