Monday, October 18, 2010

A Few More.....

I know I said Book talk would be next, but it'll have to wait until we talk Music! As I do my weekly office cleaning, I JAM OUT! I clip on my MP3 player and blare it. Now, music has always been in my life. My dad had a jukebox when we were little and even after that was gone, he used to let my brother and I take turns picking songs to listen to during supper. He definitely gave me my love for Heart!I'm one of those who always tries to find the hidden meaning in songs. "How does something in my life relate to this artist's experience?" If you ever need someone to relate to, Phil Collins is your man! He's got a song for anything and everything. He is the one person I would pay an infinite amount of money and overcome my extreme crowd anxiety at all costs to see in concert.
There are also those artist's who don't have any meaning in their songs, but they make me want to shake my groove thang! I really like Katy Perry and Timbaland's "If We Ever Meet Again", and they NEVER play it on the radio! And, Kesha, how I don't understand you as a person, but I LOVE your music! (It's pretty funny to hear your 6 year old sing about brushing her teeth with a bottle of jack, though)
Speaking of my 6 year old, as you've read before, she is a music lover as well! She listens to Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, I dig some Justin Bieber, but there's a song called "Send It On", it's a collaboration with the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, and it gives me chills every time I hear it. The message of the song is that even one person can make a difference is the world....."just one spark starts a fire". Between that and those powerhouse girl voices harmonizing with some cutie Jo Bros, I LOVE IT!Then there's my all time fave. This song is one that I have no idea why I love it so much, but I always have and I always will. "Africa" by Toto! I sing my heart out, "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you!" Go ahead, sing along, you know you want to!!I could go on and on, Pat Benatar, Michael Jackson, Dave Matthews Band, Lady Gaga, etc. Book talk next, I promise!
Hey, what's your favorite song?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo many faves for me too...but if I had to choose JUST one it would be...Don McLean American Pie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to just pinpoint one song when so much music touches your life! I mean, honestly, how many songs come on the radio, and you have an awesome memory flash back!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete