Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween

Just wanted to wish everyone a very safe and Happy Halloween! We carved and painted some pumpkins leading up to this spook-tacular holiday:

I did this one -
Kailyn picked out the pattern for this one.....obviously she picked the most meticulous one she could find for Mommy to carve ;) - Kailyn picked out the pattern for this one also, it is Myer's pumpkin that Daddy carved - Kailyn painted this one (a vampire) for my cutie patootie stand - I painted this one (at Kailyn's request) for my spider stand - Does Kailyn run this family or what?!?! LOL! Speaking of which, I forgot to share our robot. Kailyn was talking one day about how cool it would be to have your own robot, and how we could make it out of boxes and such around the house. Being the sucker I am, we saved and saved and finally had all the "parts" we needed! Meet "Stacy" - Unfortunately, "Stacy" couldn't stand very well on her own and fell over a lot, one time proving to be fatal when her milk carton head fell off. :(

*One last side note*
I really just want to say how extremely proud I am to be a part of the community of Marshall. Yesterday was a very sad day as our fallen firefighter was laid to rest. I have never seen so many caring, supportive people in my life. The outpouring of strength and respect was so heart warming. In high school I was one of those bratty teenagers that said, "As soon as I graduate, I'm leaving this hellhole" I don't regret for a minute the day that Kailyn and I moved back here. HOME. While there are downfalls to living in a small town at times, the good times most certainly outweigh the bad. I wouldn't trade Marshall for anything. There are some detailed pictures and a video of the funeral processional at http://www.marshallnews.com/. I definitely recommend for anyone to take a look, but I was there and I still get chills and cry, so you may have your tissues ready. I still pray everyday for Randall's amazing wife and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment