Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Weekend!

OH NO! I somewhat fell off the 'ol bandwagon didn't I? I guess it has been several days since my last post, so we'll need to spend some quality time together and get caught up!
Thursday night was pretty darn laid back. Kailyn and I played and packed her suitcase, and then we watched the season premier of So You Think You Can Dance. This season looks very promising, I liked several of the dancers. My favorite were the last two of the show, although I can't remember their names. They were both eliminated last year in the final cut before the top 20. I really wanted the red headed girl to make it to the top 20 last year instead of Katie, but Katie proved her right to be there for sure!
The wonderful Mayor let us off at noon on Friday to prepare for the long weekend. When I got off I went over to my Aunt Brenda's for a picnic on the deck with Kailyn, Aiden, Allie, Aunt Brenda, Gma, Lin and my mom, it was nice! Then Kailyn and I went home and waited for the Bolling kiddos to come over and play while Andy mowed with Joe. The girls have a ton of fun together, and Ayson and I get some quality time too! Kailyn's Nana Kay came and picked her up around 6pm for the beginning of her two week session with her dad, and Kailyn did great! After we were lonely and childless, Joe and I met Andy and Mandi for a little dinner and fun at Los Tres Amigos. When we left there, Joe and I went home and watched SawV. For anyone who likes the Saw movies (we do), this one, while horribly vivid, put a lot of things into perspective. I'm sure there will be a SawVI, which I think would be a bit much, but I'll probably watch it!
Joe and I worked our rears off on Saturday! I did some major shrub trimming at our old house for my Gma while Joe mowed and then trimmed our trees. I'm not going to lie, Joe said he would do the shrub trimming when he had time, but I was hoping to soak up some sun while I did it.....SUCCESS! While outside work is hot, I do love a good tan!
Sunday was Aiden's 3rd birthday party. Jeff had said I could have Kailyn so she could go to the party, so Kay brought her home about 11:30am for the party at noon at Jason and Tracey's. When Kay dropped Kailyn off, she said that Kailyn had run a fever all day Saturday, but had been feeling better. I took her temperature and she didn't have one, but she definitely acted like she wasn't 100%. The party was really fun. Lots of good food, good people and fun presents. The McGraw's got Aiden a big thing of water balloons, and the kids went to town! They thought they were a blast! After the party, my mom took Kailyn back to Miami to Jeff because my front vent motor went out in my Pacifica and it was 9000 degrees. I didn't want all the air from the windows being down on a highway to blow on Kailyn since she didn't feel well already, but Mimi didn't mind getting another 30 minutes in with her granddaughter, believe me! Joe and I went to Bucky and Erica's at 6pm for a BBQ with more good food and friends! Jason and Katie Walls and their twins were in town, the Bolling's came and the King's too! We had another great time! All the kids are getting so big, time has just flown by. Thank goodness Erica will have another one soon!
What a crappy, rainy day yesterday! I think the only thing I got accomplished was moving around furniture and hard core vacuuming my whole house and washing all our bedding. Jeff called and said that Kailyn's eyes had been crusty when she woke up, so she definitely needed a doctor's appointment. I talked to her, Miss Drama, and she said she just wasn't feeling well and that she needed to go to the doctor on Tuesday! She is too funny! I made some pretty tasty pork something-or-other from my Pampered Chef Summer Cookbook for supper and then Joe and I went out to my mom's to see Kailyn's new pony, Bessie. Go ahead, back up and read it again.....it says Kailyn's new pony, Bessie. Mimi and Papa bought Kailyn a pony and brought her home yesterday! Joe and I have decided we'll never top that one! Bessie is really cute, though! I'll put pictures up ASAP! When we got home, Joe and I watched Bedtime Stories, and it was awesome. Love me some Adam Sandler!
Well, that brings us up to today! Whew! Back to reality today at work, BOO! Honestly, though, sometimes it's nice to have the normality of a work day, you know? I put in a call to the doctor's office for Kailyn, and now I am playing the waiting game for a call back. I'd like to say that today will be a fun filled, busy day, but not so much. I'm sure I'll find something to do. Kailyn is supposed to have T-ball tonight, but I don't see that happening with all the rain! Looks like I'll need to listen to KMMO to see if they still have pictures!
Uh Oh, gotta run! The doctor's office just called and they can fit Kailyn in right away! Everyone have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment