Monday, June 8, 2009

Introducing Bessie!







At about 6:10pm last night, Kailyn became the proud new owner of a pony! Bessie was waiting in the barn, with Ray and Joe loaded with camcorders, with a red ribbon tied in her halter. As soon as my mom and I got to her house from meeting Jeff, we had her yell for PaPa and he told her he was in the barn. She went sprinting, and my mom and I were jetting after her to see her reaction, which I don't think was exactly what PaPa was looking for. I think she was overwhelmed! Hello, kids say things all the time like, "I want a pony", but they don't really get one! I mean, can you imagine being 5 and walking into the barn expecting to find your PaPa and you find two camcorders in your face to catch your reaction to the saddled up PONY that is YOURS? Anyway, PaPa was dying for Kailyn to ride Bessie and she said she wanted to. However, we got to the round pin, Kailyn took one lap around and she was done! I think it broke PaPa's heart :( . She did wake up this morning and think Bessie was still pretty cool! That's really all the news I've got! I am so thrilled that Kailyn is finally home. I am nauseas 24 hours a day, but I am hoping she and I will get some fun activities in before she goes back to her dad's for session #2 on June 21st. She did give me some great pregnancy advise last night before she got in the bath. We were finishing up an episode of iCarly and she was climbing up in my lap. When she put all of her weight on one of my boobs, I said, "Ow!". She said, "Oh, sorry, was that the baby?" I said, "No, just one of my boobs." She said, "Oh, well that's good, by the way, mom, when you take a bath, you should be really careful. I mean, when you wash your belly, be careful not to punch yourself, because you would be punching the baby." With a very straight face, I said, "That's good thinking, Boog, I'll definitely remember that!" Kids are so funny!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a nice looking pony. What an awesome gift to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee,
    Kailyn looks just like you; she's adorable.

    Congrats to you and Joe…marriage/baby!

    Lairah

    ReplyDelete