Friday, June 26, 2009

Sad, Sad Day

What a sad, sad day for Hollywood yesterday. Well, for everyone. First with the death of Farrah Fawcett, an iconic beauty. A powerful advocate for cancer since 1980, who lost her battle. What a hero. R.I.P.

Then, the death of Michael Jackson, an iconic pop star, singer, dancer.....legend. The death of Michael seems to hit home a bit more for me, mainly because I grew up in love with him. Anyone who has ever had any sort of love for music or dancing, has pulled inspiration from the King. What an amazing person. Whether misunderstood or not in so many aspects, every single person on this planet has been changed by Michael Jackson in some way or another. How astonishing is that? The influence of one person on an entire planet? CNN compares his death to the death of Elvis, but in reality, Michael was even bigger. His music, his impact, his character, they were all bigger. The biggest. The best. Michael is the first big icon that my generation has lost, and I'm not going to lie, it hurts. God Bless the Jackson family, Michael's friends and supporters (the real ones) and especially his 3 beautiful children. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment