Monday, June 1, 2009

SURPRISE!

If you'll kindly look to the top right of this-here blog, you'll find a new widget countdown tool. See it? That's right, that is Joe and I's little alien floating around in there! We are PREGNANT! Only about 5-6 weeks, but pregnant, nonetheless. When we first started trying, Joe decided we wouldn't tell anyone until we were at least 12 weeks, but #1 - I am already pooching out and #2 - New Daddy has been shouting our news from the rooftops! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it that he is so excited, I just think it's funny that it was his idea not to tell, but he is the blabber mouth! Well, with him telling everyone, I was afraid that someone would see Kailyn in town (she's still with her dad for her 2 week session) and say something to her, so Friday night after her Bible School program, I told her. Here's how it went down:
Clap, clap, clap, the program is over. The pre-k class is dismissed to their parents and Kailyn runs to me as fast as she can and squeezes me tight (she didn't know I was coming, I surprised her). I told her how wonderful she did and that I just really thought she sang so well that she deserved to hear a surprise. Her eyes were the size of golf balls, and she leaned in really close. I said, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy". Silence.....She looks at my face, looks at my tummy, looks at my face, and finally says, "Really?". I said, "Yes, ma'am, it's really tiny right now, it won't be born until after you're 6th birthday. Silence again.....She becomes very serious now and says, "But when I get home from my daddy's, we can still go to Wal-Mart and buy that stroller that I want, right?" I fell out! She's been saving her money for this doll stroller that she really wants, and has gotten rid of an old one so that she has room in her toy room for it. That stroller is a big deal, seriously! I don't think I could love that little girl any more if I tried. I miss her so much and I am ready for her to come home! Only 6 more days!
Well, the garage sale was a flop. Lesson learned: ADVERTISE! Oh well, Mandi and I hung out and had a good time anyway.
I did have a fantastic surprise on Saturday afternoon! Joe and I had just gotten everything put away from the garage sale and he had just left to pick up Andy for Rockfest, when my doorbell rang. When I opened the door, it was Kim! How exciting! She motioned to Adam that I was home, and he brought Mr. Kane in with him! What a sweet, sweet boy. He is getting so tall already, it is sad. He was 6 weeks old on Saturday, man, time flies! It really was a great surprise, Thanks Kim, Adam and Kane!!!!! After the Viquesney's left, I headed over to Nan's for a Pampered Chef party and then back home for a little power nap! After I got up, cleaned the house a little and took a bath, I picked up a pizza and movie for Mandi, Adi and I at the Bolling residence. We rented "Bride Wars", and it was ok, funny, but the ending was a bit much.
“I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday, 22% Tuesday, 26% Wednesday, 35% Thursday and 4% Friday” - Unknown
Happy Monday, people, have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering when the day would come about your news, congrats you two! I’m sure Joe is on cloud nine. I’m really happy for you! Now you need to post some belly shots in the future on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We'll see about those belly shots, that's probably not so much anything anyone wants to see - yikes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete