Wednesday, June 17, 2009

OOPS!

Oh goodness, I am way behind! I have been kind of busy and so so tired, so please forgive me and we'll catch right up.
Kailyn did get to have tball practice on Friday, and she had fun! When we left there, she decided to pick KFC (which I had for lunch Friday too) for supper and we rented 3 movies. We ate supper, made a pallet on the living room floor and watched Beethoven's Big Break (cute!). Apparently we thought we were rock stars, though, because when that movie was over, we started watching Bolt.....Kailyn and I both fell asleep. Joe finished it, though!




Since Saturday was pretty chilly, I figured Kailyn and I's day was going to be ruined. I made some cinnamon rolls (that Kailyn wouldn't eat because they looked funny) for me and Lucky Charms for Kailyn and we sat down to finish up Bolt. Let me just tell you that I Loved It! I cried like a little girl, I mean, it was so bad that Kailyn looked over at me and said, "Mommy, do you need another kleenex?" That's right, I'm a little emotional, or hormonal, whatever you want to say. Anywho, by the time the movie was over and I had pulled myself back together, the sun had come out! Kailyn and I put on our swimming suits and headed to the MAC to meet Nana Penny for some water time. P.S., do you recall the chilly morning, yeah, well, the water was flipping freezing. Nana was all up in it, though, so she and Kailyn swam all over and I sat on the side and watched. And even though the sun only peeked out a couple of times, my shoulders got burned! I coated Kailyn with sunscreen, but her skin is kind of sensitive, I thought I would be ok! Needless to say, we were at the pool for a couple of hours and then we went home and took a big fat nap (YAY!) for a couple of hours. It was fantastic, because my sweet baby girl climbed right up on me on the couch and fell out. I got to cuddle her the whole time! When we woke up, I put some chicken in the oven and Kailyn and I went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. After supper, we watched Beethoven's Big Break...again...and then we tried to watch The Tale of Despereax (however you spell that), but we didn't make it, because it's terrible. Sorry, but it's true.
Sunday we had a family reunion at the park with the Akeman side of our family. It was a lot of good eats and good people, but the fetus and I weren't getting along so well, so I didn't have the best time. When we got home, my wonderful husband took my wonderful daughter on a bike ride so that mommy could take a little nap before tball. That's right, tball. And we played! It was about 3000 degrees at 5pm on Field 2, but those kids got to play! I bet you'd like to see pictures, wouldn't you. Yeah, me too, but being "mom of the year", I forgot my stinking camera! Seriously!? That game was probably the only one those poor kids will get to play this season and I forgot my camera!!!!! Horrible.
Monday was pretty mundane, not much to report. I did make my choices for the final two men for Jillian on the Bachelorette. Ready?
Jesse and Kiptyn








I like them both, A LOT! She could pick either one and I'd be cool. (Like it should even matter to me!) Damn reality tv.
You'll be surprised to know that tball was cancelled yesterday, Tuesday. I know, real shocker, huh? Stupid rain. Joe and I did go to our first OB/GYN appt! Dr McCoy says there's a baby in there, that I'm about 7 weeks or so and that I should take Folic Acid and Fish Oil along with my regular prenatal vitamin. They did some blood work, so when we go back on July 14th, we should know a more decisive due date.
Today, Wednesday, should be pretty ok. My favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance, is on at 7pm. Kailyn loves it too, so we watch it together! It's a great show.
My mom is on vacation this week, so Kailyn is spending her days with Mimi. She leaves on Sunday to go to Jeff's for 2 week session #2, so Mimi is pulling out all the stocks to have a super week! On Monday, rain and all, they made banana pancakes, played in the creek below my mom's house, bathed, rode Bessie and groomed her, played with the cats, bathed, and played some more! On Tuesday, rain again, they went to breakfast with my Gma, played with the cats, played in the creek, showered, played on the slip and slide and watched Bolt. Honestly, I don't know how those two can stay awake until bedtime with all their activities!

Well, people, work's a calling, so Happy HumpDay!

No comments:

Post a Comment